R 051300Z OCT 20
SGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/FY2021 OUTREACH EVENTS//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/(MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. QUINONES/SGT/(MPE)/-/ TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: ANTHONY.QUINONES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Throughout the year, the Marine Corps provides opportunities for Marines to attend a select list of outreach events to gain professional development, mentoring, and networking experiences. The Marine Corps has historically participated in these events for their positive reception by Marines and value in promoting diversity and inclusion.
2. For planning purposes, listed below are the outreach events to which Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC), Manpower and Reserve Affairs (MRA) through the Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will sponsor registration and travel during FY21. Separate announcements will be released for each event containing participation details. Marines must go through their chain of command for authorization to participate. The outreach events for the FY21 are:
2.a. Women of Color: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (WOC-STEM) (8-10 OCTOBER 2020)
2.b. Academy Women - Officer Women Leadership Symposium (OWLS) (2-4 NOVEMBER 2020 at the University of Southern California (USC) campus.
2.c. Black Engineer of the Year Awards with Stars and Stripes (11-13 FEBRUARY 2020)
2.d. Association of Naval Services Officers (ANSO) - Mentoring and Career Management Symposium (FEB-APR 2021)
2.e. Women in Aviation (FEB-APR 2021)
2.f. Asian Pacific American (APA) Symposium (MAR-MAY 2021)
2.g. Academy Women - Officer Women Leadership Symposium (OWLS) (14-15 APRIL 2021) at the Women’s Memorial in Arlington, Virginia
2.h. Federal Asian Pacific American Council (FAPAC) - National Leadership Training Program (APR-JUN 2021)
2.i. Society of American Indian Government Employees (SAIGE) – National Training Program (MAY-JUL 2021)
2.j. Sea Service Leadership Association (SSLA) - Joint Women’s Leadership Symposium (JWLS) (14-15 JUNE 2021) in Norfolk, Virginia
2.k. Federally Employed Women (FEW) - National Training Program (NTP) (JUN-AUG 2021)
2.l. Women in Defense (WID) - National Conference (AUG-SEP 2021)
2.m. League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) - National Convention (JUN-AUG 2021)
2.n. National Montford Point Marine Association, Inc. (NMPMA) (JUN-AUG 2021)
2.o. National Naval Officer Association (NNOA) (JUL-SEP 2021)
2.p. Blacks in Government (BIG) - National Training Institute (JUL-SEP 2021)
2.q. Latina Style - National Latina Style Symposium (AUG-SEP 2021)
2.r. National IMAGE - National Training Program (NTP)(AUG-SEP 2021)
3. Event dates are approximate. All events are subject to final approval and budget availability.
4. To propose additional outreach events or obtain additional information, contact the points of contact listed below. Proposals should include justification for Marine Corps-wide participation and all organizational contact information.
4.a. Mr. Marc Sheppard
4.b. Sgt Anthony Quinones
4.c. Capt Timothy McCoy
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. Release authorized by BGen J. G. Woodworth, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy.//