R 071847Z OCT 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2020 VIRTUAL OFFICER WOMEN LEADERSHIP SYMPOSIUM//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/(MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. QUINONES/SGT/(MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: ANTHONY.QUINONES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Academy Women will host the virtual 2020 Officer Women Leadership Symposium (OWLS) for the government and military community on 4-6 November 2020. Manpower and Reserve Affairs (M&RA) Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will sponsor a limited number of conference registration fees.
2. The Officer Women Leadership Symposium provides servicemembers and Department of Defense civilians the opportunity to network with like-minded colleagues and to grow professionally and personally through keynote messages, workshops, and panel discussions. The speakers are leaders from the military, public, and private sectors who offer their support and personal advice. Participants will have tremendous opportunities for mentorship while connecting with veteran and current military servicemembers at every level of leadership and from every military branch of service. More information can be found on the Academy Women website at www.MilitaryOWLS.org.
3. Commanders may authorize Permissive Temporary Additional Duty for Marines and Sailors attached to their unit to allow virtual participation in an environment without distractions. Commanders/Supervisors may also approve civilian Marine participation in an environment without distractions. All Marine Corps registration fees must be coordinated through the MPE Branch. Reservations will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
4. Requests to participate in this event should be emailed to Marc Sheppard (email@example.com) and Sergeant Anthony Quinones (firstname.lastname@example.org) via your OIC and include the following information: name, rank, unit, email, and duty station.
5. The uniform of the day for the event is Service “B” for any attendee broadcasting images or video in the course of his/her participation.
6. Academy Women is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by BGen J. G. Woodworth, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy.//