R 081331Z OCT 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/FY-21 MAJOR GENERAL W.P.T. HILL AWARDS FOR FOOD SERVICE EXCELLENCE ANNOUNCEMENT//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 10110.14N/YMD: 20180307//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCO 5400.54/YMD: 20130419//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 10110.14N, MARINE CORPS FOOD SERVICE AND SUBSISTENCE PROGRAM THAT PROVIDES THE ACTIVE DUTY GARRISON MESS HALL/FIELD MESS AND RESERVE FIELD MESS ELIGIBILITY AND EVALUATION PROCEDURES. REF B IS MCO 5400.54, MARINE CORPS INSTALLATIONS COMMAND ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.//
POC/HUNLEY, DAVID/LTCOL/MCICOM G-4/FOOD SERVICE AND SUBSISTENCE SECTION/DEPUTY COMMANDANT FOR INSTALLATIONS AND LOGISTICS (FACILITIES)/HQMC/EMAIL: DAVID.HUNLEY@USMC.MIL/TEL: DSN 664-4170//
POC/GUEST, MATHEW/MGYSGT/MCICOM G-4/FOOD SERVICE AND SUBSISTENCE SECTION/DEPUTY COMMANDANT FOR INSTALLATIONS AND LOGISTICS (FACILITIES)/HQMC/EMAIL: MATHEW.GUEST@USMC.MIL/TEL: DSN 664-4159//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. To announce FY-21 Major General W.P.T. Hill Memorial awards program and provide nomination and evaluation procedures.
2. Per ref a, the awards program for Food Service excellence is a means to recognize those Marine Corps Food Service operations that are outstanding in the preparation and serving of food, customer service, and management.
3. This awards program is co-sponsored by the Commandant of the Marine Corps and the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation (NRAEF), a food service professional organization comprised of distinguished industry executives.
4. The Marine Corps and the NRAEF will recognize the winning Commands in each Major General W.P.T. Hill Memorial awards program competitive category in conjunction with annual Food Service managers training event in May 2021. Representatives from the winning commands will be guests of the NRAEF at the annual Food Service managers training event.
5. In accordance with guidance contained in references a and b, the criteria and procedures for submitting nominations are as follows:
A. Garrison mess halls: (1) Marine Corps Installations East (MCIEAST); Marine Corps Installations West (MCIWEST); Marine Corps Installations Pacific (MCIPAC) Marine Corps Training and Education Command (TECOM), and Marine Corps Installations National Capital Region (MCINCR), to include Marine Barracks Washington, Washington DC will submit final nomination packages to Deputy Commandant for Installations & Logistics (facilities), attn: MCICOM (G-4 food service and subsistence section) NLT 1 Dec 2020. (2) Commanders will establish procedures to determine the best Garrison mess hall within their command.
B. Active field mess: (1) Marine Forces Commanders will submit final nomination packages to Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics (facilities), attn: MCICOM (G-4 food service and subsistence section) NLT 1 Dec 2020. (2) Commanders will establish procedures to determine the best field Mess within their command.
C. Reserve field mess: (1) Commander Marine Forces Reserve (COMMARFORRES) will submit winning nomination package to Deputy Commandant for Installations & Logistics (facilities), attn: MCICOM (G-4 food service and Subsistence branch) NLT 1 Mar 2021. (2) COMMARFORRES will establish procedures for determining the best Reserve field messes within their command.
6. Release authorized by LtGen C. G. Chiarotti, Deputy Commandant, Installations and Logistics, HQMC.//