R 131651Z OCT 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2020 (FY20) COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS (CMC) ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) STAFF NONCOMMISIONED OFFICER IN CHARGE (SNCOIC) CAREER PLANNER OF THE YEAR AWARD//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCCDC/YMD: 20050509//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC RA/YMD: 20200626//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR/YMD: 20120614//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR/YMD: 20160310//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS MCO 1650.39B, THE COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS (CMC) COMBINED AWARDS PROGRAM. REFERENCE B IS MCO 1040R.31, THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REFERENCE C IS MCO P1400.32D, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS. REFERENCE D IS THE MCATS APPROVAL FROM MMPR ESTABLISHING A MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATION FOR THE ACTIVE RESERVE CAREER PLANNER OF THE YEAR.//
POC/ROBERT D. NOYES/MGYSGT/RESERVE AFFAIRS/RAP/TEL/COMM: 703-784-0583/EMAIL: ROBERT.NOYES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This MARADMIN coordinates the submission of nominations for the Fiscal Year 2020 (FY20) Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) Active Reserve (AR) Staff Noncommissioned Officer in Charge (SNCOIC) Career Planner of the Year Award.
2. Background. Reference (a) established the subject award to provide recognition for performance that reflects exceptional leadership, management/organization skills, devotion to duty, and initiative in support of maintaining a quality enlisted career force. Marines nominated for the AR SNCOIC Career Planner of the Year Award have displayed a consistently high level of performance that significantly and positively impacted mission accomplishment.
3. Reserve Affairs (RA) will convene the FY20 AR SNCOIC Career Planner of the Year Board at Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps, no later than 2 November 2020. Applications must be submitted to CMC RA prior to 2359 Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 27 October 2020. Applications will be submitted by Marine Forces Reserve DON TRACKER to CMC RA under the subject line labeled “FY20 AR SNCOIC Career Planner of the Year Nominations”. Selection results will be published via a MARADMIN message.
4. Nominations. Nominations must be endorsed by the first Commanding General. Only one nomination is permitted per Commanding General.
5. Eligible criteria.
(a) Must not have been previously awarded CMC SNCOIC Career Planner of the Year.
(b) Must be in the rank of Staff Sergeant or Gunnery Sergeant.
(c) Must hold the primary military occupational specialty 4821 and have served in valid Regiment/Group level SNCOIC Career Planner billet for the entire fiscal year.
(d) Must have undergone a staff assist visit inspection from a major subordinate command Career Planner or a Commanding General readiness inspection and received a mission capable rating within the previous 12 months.
(e) Must meet all reenlistment pre-requisites per reference (b).
(f) Must have a first class Physical Fitness Test and Combat Fitness Test.
(g) Must be PME complete for grade.
6. Submission requirements (AR SNCOIC Career Planner of the Year nominee); all packages must contain the following information at a minimum.
(a) Nomination letter from the command.
(b) AR SNCOIC Career Planner of the Year checklist.
(c) AR SNCOIC Career Planner of the Year data sheet.
(d) One page autobiography.
(e) Copy of pages 11, 12, 13, and Unit Punishment Book if applicable.
(f) Copy of completed functional area checklist or staff assist visit documents with rating results.
(g) Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal Recommendation.
7. An example of required documents are available for download via the Total Force Retention System.
8. Per reference (d), no meritorious promotion is authorized for selection as the AR SNCOIC Career Planner of the Year.
9. The Marine selected as the AR SNOIC Career Planner of the Year will receive a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal from the CMC.
10. Commands will generate a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal recommendation in the Headquarters Marine Corps improved Awards Processing System (iAPS). The first sentence of the Summary of Action (SOA) will read “Nominee for AR Staff Noncommissioned Officer in Charge Career Planner of the Year 2020." A complete copy of the award recommendation (HQMC EF NAVMC 11533, SOA, and citation) will be included in the nomination package.
11. The date and location for the awards ceremony will be forthcoming in a future MARADMIN. The AR SNCOIC Career Planner of the Year and their spouse are invited to attend the awards ceremony. All associated costs for travel, billeting, and per diem for the Marine selected as AR SNCOIC Career Planner of the Year, and their spouse will be funded by the local command.
12. This MARADMIN is only applicable to Career Planners serving on the AR Program.
13. Release authorized by Major General H. G. Pratt, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//