R 181638Z NOV 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/CHANGES TO MARINE CORPS ANNUAL TRAINING AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS//
REF/A/DOC/MCBUL 1500/23 FEB 2019//
NARR/REF (A) IS MCBUL 1500 ANNUAL TRAINING AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS//
POC/L.M. PAPPA/GS14/TECOM(C466)/QUANTICO/TEL: 703-784-3035/EMAIL: LEON.PAPPA@USMC.MIL//
POC/J.D. ROVIRA/GS15/TECOM(C466)/QUANTICO/TEL: 703-784-2503/EMAIL: JOSE.ROVIRA@USMC.MIL//
POC/E.R. QUEHL/COL/TECOM(C466)/QUANTICO/TEL: 703-784-3701/EMAIL: ERIC.QUEHL@USMC.MIL//
Gentext/Remarks/1. Training and Education Command, with input from Fleet Marine Force and supporting establishment stakeholders, analyzed and adjusted annual training and education requirements to enable commanders to focus on events that generate warfighting readiness. This message announces changes to the Battle Skills Test (BST) Program and release of a new Marine Corps Order (MCO) 1500.63, Mandatory Individual Training and Education Requirements.
2. BST Program. Effective immediately, the BST Program is no longer a Service-level requirement and there is no longer a requirement to report this training in the Marine Corps Training Information Management System (MCTIMS). However, commanders are encouraged to incorporate these tasks into their training plans as necessary to enhance individual and unit readiness.
3. MCO 1500.63. The new Order is slated for release no later than early 2021 and will replace ref (a) as the comprehensive listing of mandatory individual Training and Education (T&E) requirements. The events in this Order are organized as core and non-core (ancillary) requirements. Core requirements directly support warfighting and unit mission tasks and readiness. Non-core (ancillary) requirements are non-occupational tasks that provide common knowledge and awareness, reinforce behavioral standards or obligations, and improve the effectiveness of units. The Order includes the following changes from ref (a):
3.a. Frequency. Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, Defense Training will be conducted every fiscal year vice biennial.
3.b. Consolidation. The following events are no longer standalone requirements and have been consolidated in the Prohibited Activities and Conduct (PAC) training: Hazing/Bullying, Sexual Harassment, and Marine Corps Equal Opportunity.
3.c. Elimination. The following events have been eliminated as annual requirements: Social Media Conduct, Tobacco Cessation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and Violence Prevention Awareness training.
4. Leader-led options (with associated training support packages) have been added/updated and are authorized for the following training: PAC, Marine Corps Operations Security, Level I Antiterrorism Awareness, and Risk Management training.
5. Training support packages are located in the Training Resource Module, MCTIMS at https:(slant)(slant)mctims.usmc.mil.
6. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Lewis A. Craparotta, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//