R 201453Z NOV 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/AVAILABILITY OF REVISED MARINE CORPS TACTICAL PUBLICATION (MCTP) 3-20A AVIATION LOGISTICS//
NARR/REF (A) IS MARINE CORPS PRINTING AND PUBLICATIONS REGULATIONS//
POC/R. LANNERY/LTCOL/HQMC A/AVIATION LOGISTICS SUPPORT BRANCH/TEL: COMM (703) 693-9772/EMAIL: ROBERT.FLANNERY@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. JANNERETH/CIV/TECOM/PSD/DB/TEL: DSN 378-8493/TEL: COMM (703) 432-8493/EMAIL: ADAM.L.JANNERETH@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Branch Head, Aviation Logistics Support Branch, Headquarters, United States Marine Corps Aviation (HQMC A (ASL)), published MCTP 3-20A, Aviation Logistics on 20 October 2020. MCTP 3-20A is available via the USMC Doctrine website https:(slash)(slash)homeport.usmc.mil/ sites/mcdoctrine/SitePages/Home.aspx.
2. Background. Effective 8 July 2020, the Commanding General, Training and Education Command authorized select O-6 commanders, directors, and special staff to manage, author, and approve the doctrine and training publications assigned to them to make their publications more relevant and timely. HQMC A (ASL) is the manager and author of MCTP 3-20A, Aviation Logistics.
3. Marine aviation logistics integrates sustainment and operational planning efforts between the Navy and Marine Corps in direct support of Marine aviation and is a critical enabler to aircraft and MAGTF readiness. Aviation Logisticians work across functional areas of aviation supply, avionics, maintenance, and ordnance in support of the Aviation Combat Element (ACE) and deliver the necessary capabilities and parts to sustain expeditionary operations at sea and ashore. Marine aviation is posturing itself for operations in new and uncertain austere expeditionary environments, and Aviation Logisticians will ensure the ACE and MAGTF are fully supported today and in the future. This publication supersedes MCTP 3-20A, Aviation Logistics, dated 4 October 2012 and cancels change 1 dated 4 April 2018 and erratum dated 2 May 2016.
4. Coordinating instructions. Reference (a) details steps required to request publication hard copies. However, this publication will be disseminated via electronic distribution only unless commanders submit a compelling justification for printed copies. Units requiring print allocations must follow procedures identified in reference (a), paragraph 4a(2). The publication control number is 147 000027 00. MCTP 3-20A is Distribution A: Approved for public release; distribution is unlimited.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Lewis A. Craparotta, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//