R 201622Z NOV 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/AVAILABILITY OF MCWP 5-10, MARINE CORPS PLANNING PROCESS//
NARR/REF (A) IS MARINE CORPS PRINTING AND PUBLICATIONS REGULATIONS//
POC/R. LUEHRS II/CIV/CDD/CE-IWD/TEL: COMM (703) 784-0604/EMAIL: RICHARD.LUEHRS@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. JANNERETH/CIV/TECOM/PSD/DB/TEL: DSN 378-8493/TEL: COMM (703) 432-8493/EMAIL: ADAM.L.JANNERETH@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Director, Command Element-Information Warfare Division, Capabilities Development Directorate, Deputy Commandant for Combat Development and Integration, approved Marine Corps Warfighting Publication (MCWP) 5-10, Marine Corps Planning Process on 10 Aug 2020. MCWP 5-10 is available via the USMC doctrine website https:(slash)(slash)homeport.usmc.mil/sites/mcdoctrine/SitePages/Home.aspx.
2. Background. Effective 8 July 2020, the Commanding General, Training and Education Command (CG TECOM) authorized select O-6 commanders, directors, and special staff to manage, author, and approve the doctrine and training publications assigned to them to make their publications more relevant and timely. CG TECOM assigned CDD to manage this publication.
3. MCWP 5-10, Marine Corps Planning Process, focuses primarily on commanders with staffs. It provides a planning overview and discussion of each Marine Corps Planning Process (MCPP) step. Tools, diagrams, and templates help the reader more fully understand how to apply the MCPP to Marine Corps operations. This publication supersedes MCWP 5-10, Marine Corps Planning Process, dated 24 August 2010.
4. Coordinating instructions. Reference (a) details steps required to request publication hard copies. However, these publications will be disseminated via electronic distribution only unless commanders submit a compelling justification for printed copies. Units requiring print allocations must follow procedures identified in reference (a), paragraph 4a(2). For Marine Corps Publication Distribution System identification purposes, the publication control number is: 143 000068 00. MCWP 5-10 is Distribution A: Approved for public release; distribution is unlimited.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Lewis A. Craparotta, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//