R 231828Z NOV 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/DECEMBER 2020 PROMOTIONS FOR STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICERS (SNCOS) AND JANUARY 2021 PLANNED PROMOTIONS FOR SNCOS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-2/14JUN2012//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MI/4JUN2014//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC MIO/19AUG2008//
REF/D/MSGID: MSG/CMC MMPR-2/162200ZOCT14//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPP-20/13NOV2020//
REF/F/MSGID: MSG/CMC MM/081912ZJUN20//
NARR/REF A, IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL. REF B, IS MCO 5000.14D, MARINE CORPS ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES (MCAP). REF C, IS MARINE CORPS TOTAL FORCE SYSTEM PERSONNEL REPORTING INSTRUCTION MANUAL (MCTFSPRIM). REF D, IS MARADMIN 521/14, UPDATED ENLISTED PME REQUIREMENTS BY GRADE AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF CMD-SPONSORED LCPL LEADERSHIP-ETHICS AND CAREER COURSES SEMINAR. REF E, IS MPP-20 STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER PROMOTIONS. REF F, MARADMIN 334/20, FORTHCOMING CHANGES TO MCO P1400.32D, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS//
POC/LINDSAY D. PERRY/GYSGT/MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9718 EMAIL: LINDSAY.PERRY@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Marines and Unit Leaders will receive a notification via Marine On Line (MOL) informing them of Marines who meet all prerequisites for promotion and subsequently will be promoted with a date of rank and effective date of 1 December 2020.
2. Upon receipt of this Marine Administrative Message (MARADMIN) and posting of the notification via MOL, but not prior to 1 December 2020, Commanders will effect the promotion of selected Marines per paragraph 5100 of reference (a). Cite this MARADMIN as authority for promotion.
3. Per reference (f), effective July 2020, Marines who are selected to the ranks of SSgt through SgtMaj/MGySgt, to include meritorious promotions, must have at least 24-months of obligated service (OBS) remaining on contract beginning on the date of their promotion. If the Marine refuses to extend or reenlist to have sufficient obligated service, inform CMC (MMPR-2) of the Marine's refusal.
3.a. Marines who do not comply with OBS requirements prior to their seniority number being reached will receive a date of rank and effective date for the 1st of the month after compliance with OBS requirements.
3.a.1. Commanders are authorized to locally extend Marines who receive a notification via MOL informing them that they are not in compliance with the OBS requirement and will not be promoted to the next higher grade. Unit Career Planners or other unit representatives completing the NAVMC 321a must cite this MARADMIN as the authority. Only the Commanding Officer or those serving in an acting capacity may sign the NAVMC 321a as the Administering Officer. Commanding Officers are not authorized to extend those Marines with draw case code (DCC) of AF, AH, AX, or AY. Marines with those DCCs must submit their extension for promotion to MMEA (HQMC) via the Total Force Retention System for appropriate action. Marines on limited duty or pending evaluation by a PEB may not be extended using this authority.
4. Commanders are reminded of their inherent responsibilities of the Enlisted Promotion System. Thoroughly review the record of each selected Marine prior to delivery of the certificate of appointment to ensure the Marine has continued to maintain the high standards of professional and personal performance which led to selection. You are instructed to review paragraphs 1200.4, 1204, and 3107 of reference (a). Upon completion of the review of applicable records, if the Commander's intent is to delay or revoke the promotion of a selected Marine, reference (a) provides specific guidance and reporting instructions.
5. Reference (b), enclosure (3) states that Commanders are responsible for the accuracy of their Marines records, regardless of the format of the information (paper records, MCTFS records, etc.) and the locations of the records (mainframe databases, IPAC, etc.). Per reference (c), when a Marine is promoted above the grade ceiling for the PMOS held, Commanders will change the Marines PMOS to the career progression MOS.
6. Commanders who have Marines attached to their command/unit/det in a temporary additional duty status must seek concurrence from the Marine's parent command prior to effecting the promotion.
7. The numbers listed below indicate the senior number promoted the previous month and the total number of Marines to be promoted for the current month. However, the numbers may not always add up. This is due to Marines selected noncompetitively (WO, MECEP selects) who are assigned a seniority number with an alpha letter, Marines who are discharged, and Marines in a promotion restriction status.
8. STATUS OF FY 2020 SNCO PROMOTION LISTS:
NUMBER SENIOR NO. DEC 20 PROJECTED
GRADE SELECTED PROM NOV 20 PROM FOR JAN 21
SgtMaj/MGySgt 292 242 56 (see note 1) 0
1stSgt/MSgt 1006 931 85 (see note 1) 54 (see note 2)
GySgt 1867 693 200 200
SSgt 2901 492 300 300
Note 1: Clear FY20 List.
Note 2: If FY21 list is available.
9. For Enlisted Promotion matters call comm (703) 784-9718 or DSN 278-9718. Email inquiries may be submitted to: email@example.com. Click on compatibility view settings in the options menu, and ensure that display intranet sites is unchecked. This MARADMIN will be posted to the Promotion Branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select "Active Marine", "Manpower Management (MM)", "Promotion Branch", then "Enlisted Promotions". From there, to find this MARADMIN: click on "message traffic", then "Staff Noncommissioned Officer (SNCO) messages".
10. Release authorized by BGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//