R 041929Z DEC 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST, COMBAT FITNESS TEST, AND BODY COMPOSITION PROGRAM ADVISORY 3-20//
NARR/REF A IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 6100.13A WITH CHANGE 2 MARINE CORPS PHYSICAL FITNESS AND COMBAT FITNESS TESTS. REF B IS MCO 6110.3A WITH CHANGE 1 AND ADMIN CHANGE MARINE CORPS BODY COMPOSITION AND MILITARY APPEARANCE PROGRAM. REF C IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 1610.7A PERFORMANCE EVALUATION SYSTEM. REF D IS FORCE HEALTH PROTECTION GUIDANCE - SUPPLEMENT 7//
POC/K.L. WADE/MAJ/TECOM(C469)/QUANTICO/TEL: 703-432-1688/EMAIL: KIMBERLY.L.WADE@USMC.MIL//
POC/S.L. HART/MGYSGT/M&RA SECRETARIAT/QUANTICO/TEL: 703-432-9738/EMAIL: DC.MRA.SECRETARIAT.OFFICE@USMC.MIL//
POC/R.J. WOJTUSIAK/GYSGT/M&RA SECRETARIAT/QUANTICO/TEL: 703-432-5602/EMAIL: DC.MRA.SECRETARIAT.OFFICE@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Commandant of the Marine Corps waives the annual training requirement in reference (a) for the calendar year (CY) 2020 combat fitness test (CFT) in order to protect the force from the rising threat of COVID-19.
2. CFT. All Marines who have not conducted the CFT prior to the publishing of this MARADMIN will not conduct a CFT for the duration of CY 2020 unless authorized to do so per paragraph 5. Marines who have conducted a CFT in CY 2020 prior to the publishing of this MARADMIN will retain their score.
2.a. Steps for entering CFT waiver in Marine Corps Training Information Management System (MCTIMS):
2.a.1. In MCTIMS, proceed to “Unit Training Module,” then “IMM” tab, and select “Individual Training.”
2.a.2. Select CFT and then select “New Waiver Roster” under the “Actions Bar” on the left side of the screen.
2.a.3. Enter the “Event Date” as the date of release of this MARADMIN.
2.a.4. In the “comments” section enter the following language: “Marines are waived from CFT requirement due to COVID-19 restrictions.”
2.a.5. Select “Add Marines,” then select all Marines requiring the CFT waiver.
2.a.6. After all Marines are selected, select the “Add Marines” button, then select “Complete.”
2.a.7. Notify the certifying official that the waiver has been submitted for review.
2.b. Manpower and Reserve Affairs will input a CFT waiver for any Marine who has not had a waiver reported into MCTIMS by 31 December 2020.
2.c. Fitness reports. If the Marine reported on (MRO) conducted a CFT prior to publishing of this MARADMIN, record the score in accordance with reference (c). If the MRO does not conduct a CFT due to guidance in this MARADMIN, reporting officials shall mark “NREQ” for “not required” in section A, item 8c and shall enter the following directed comment in section I: CFT not required due to COVID-19 restrictions per this MARADMIN number.
3. Physical Fitness Test (PFT). The annual training requirement for the CY 2021 PFT per reference (a) remains in effect until otherwise directed.
4. Body Composition Program. All requirements and evaluation procedures in reference (b) remain in effect.
5. Exception to Policy (ETP). Paragraphs 5.a through 5.d outline exceptions to the above policy. Health protection measures outlined in reference (d) will be used to the greatest extent possible in the conduct of these ETP CFTs.
5.a. CFTs may be conducted if part of a command screening checklist prior to attending specified schools, courses, and type one and type two screenable billets.
5.b. CFTs may be conducted as part of the program of instruction at recruit training, Officer Candidate School, The Basic School, and any other formal schools to include other service schools.
5.c. CFTs for Marines submitting for reenlistment who have not conducted the CFT in 2020 and have a code “4” or code “5” for the CFT in Marine Corps Total Force System for CY 2019.
5.d. Marines who failed the CY 2020 CFT prior to the publishing of this MARADMIN are required to retake the CFT to achieve a passing score.
6. Although the CFT has been suspended for CY 2020, Marines are required to maintain physical fitness, body composition, and military appearance standards at all times.
7. For questions contact the Human Performance Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or the listed POCs. Additional resources can be found at https:(slash)(slash)www.fitness.marines.mil.
8. Additional advisories will be released as required.
9. This MARADMIN has been coordinated with the Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs; Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command; and the Medical Officer of the Marine Corps and is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
10. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Lewis A. Craparotta, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//