R 222055Z DEC 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/FY21 TUITION ASSISTANCE GUIDELINES UPDATE//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/YMD: 20100901//
REF/B/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/YMD: 20111026//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/YMD: 20190404//
REF/D/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/YMD: 20160223//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1560.25 MARINE CORPS LIFELONG LEARNING PROGRAM (SHORT TITLE: LL PROGRAM). REF B IS MARADMIN 639/11 MARINE CORPS TUITION ASSISTANCE ELIGIBILITY, FUNDING PROVISIONS AND RESTRICTIONS. REF C IS MARADMIN 218/19 TUITION ASSISTANCE (TA) UTILIZATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES. REF D IS MARADMIN 093/16 HIGHER EDUCATION PREPARATION COURSE FOR NEW TUITION ASSISTANCE APPLICANTS.//
POC/BART MACMILLAN/CIV/UNIT: MFR/-/TEL: 703-784-9550/EMAIL: WILLIAM.B.MACMILLAN@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. In conjunction with reference (a), this MARADMIN consolidates reference (b) (c) and (d), outlines where specific Tuition Assistance (TA) guidance is located, and provides guidance for Marines who have completed an initial master’s degree at Command and Staff through Marine Corps University.
2. Commanders shall ensure Marines meet all eligibility criteria. All TA eligibility criteria, funding amounts, guidelines, policies, and procedures can be obtained on the Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) website: https:(slash)(slash)usmc-mccs.org/TAGuide/, or through the installation Voluntary Education (VOLED) Center, in conjunction with reference (a). Attendance at a TA Orientation brief provided through the VOLED Center, replaces the Higher Education Preparation online training on Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) as a first-time TA applicant requirement.
3. Marines who have completed an initial master’s degree through the Military Studies program at Command and Staff, Marine Corps University, will be eligible for TA funding toward a second master’s degree at the same TA rates. All current Marine Corps TA policies and criteria will be in effect, including all incurred time-in-service obligations.
4. Marine Warrant Officers who have not completed a Baccalaureate degree, must have an EAS date at least 60 days beyond the end date of the course to receive TA funding. Warrant Officers who currently hold a Baccalaureate degree must have an EAS date at least 24 months beyond the end date of the TA-funded course.
5. TA funding authorization is contingent upon responsible stewardship of available funds by the installation’s Education Services Officer (ESO) and VOLED Center personnel. The ESO retains the discretion to treat each TA application solely on the merits of the individual case.
6. This message has been approved for release by LtGen David A. Ottignon, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//