R 281901Z DEC 20
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/2021 EVERY MARINE A RIFLEMAN SUMMIT//
POC/J.D. ASPIAZU/MGYSGT/SMMC/TEL: 703-614-8762/EMAIL: JORGE.D.ASPIAZU@USMC.MIL//
POC/A.P. EARLE/GYSGT/SMMC/TEL: 703-614-8762/EMAIL: ADA.EARLE@USMC.MIL//
POC/C.A. DELGADO/SSGT/SMMC/TEL: 703-614-4559/EMAIL: CATALINA.DELGADO@USMC.MIL//
POC/R. SCIFO/SGTMAJ/SUMMIT LEAD/TEL: 760-725-8807/EMAIL: ROSALIA.SCIFO1@USMC.MIL//
POC/J.K. TONEY/MGYSGT/SUMMIT DEPUTY/TEL: 760-763-5505/EMAIL: JOMOORE.TONEY@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This calling message announces the convening of the 2021 Every Marine a Rifleman Summit.
2. The summit will be sponsored by the Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps on 1-5 February 2021 at Marine Corps Base Quantico.
2.a. The summit leads are:
SgtMaj Rosalia Scifo 1st MARDIV
MGySgt Jomoore K. Toney (Deputy) MCTOG
2.b. The following units/agencies are requested to attend as well as provide a brief on their programs and expertise:
2.b.(1). MCI-W, MCB CAMPEN
2.b.(2). MCRD/RTR PI
2.b.(3). MCRD/RTR SD
2.b.(4). 1st MLG
2.b.(5). 1st MARDIV
2.b.(6). TRNG BN MCRD PI (Briefer)
2.b.(7). PP&O (Briefer)
2.b.(8). DC-CDI (Briefer)
2.b.(9). MCWL (Briefer)
2.b.(10). 1st MARDIV (Briefer)
2.b.(11). CNA (Briefer)
2.b.(12). MCRC (Briefer requested)
2.b.(13). MCRD (Briefer requested)
2.b.(14). TMOD (Briefer requested)
2.c. Invited Distinguished Guests include:
2.c.(1). 38th CMC
2.c.(2). 19th SMMC
2.c.(3). 16th SMMC (Ret.)
2.c.(4). 13th SMMC (Ret.)
2.c.(5). SgtMaj Bradley Kasal (Ret.)
2.c.(6). SgtMaj Eric R. McCray (USSPACECOM)
3. Background. United States Marine Corps General Alfred M. Gray stated, "Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman. All other conditions are secondary." Since then, this has become the narrative that defines the culture and identity of the Marine Corps. The topic of "every Marine is a rifleman" is aligned to the Commandant’s Planning Guidance and supported by the Commandant of the Marine Corps as an area where he desires the senior enlisted leaders (SEL) of the Corps to provide guidance and recommendations.
4. Purpose. The purpose of the Every Marine a Rifleman Summit is to review and understand this principal and how current Marine Corps training and education programs contribute to and reinforce this culture.
5. End State. To provide a comprehensive assessment of the current state of existing programs, and examine how this Marine Corps culture contributes to the lethality and our Warrior Ethos.
6. In the event the summit is cancelled or postponed to a later date, guidance will be provided through separate correspondence. A detailed program that includes a virtual option and COVID mitigation procedures is being developed and will be promulgated separately, if that becomes necessary.
7. Tasks. The units listed below are requested to nominate active duty Marines to be summit members. Names need to be submitted via email to SgtMaj Scifo no later than 8 January 2021. The units listed are requested to provide the following summit members:
7.a. I MEF. 2 Active Duty Marines:
7.a.(1). 1 - 2ndlt or 1stLt
7.a.(2). 1 - Cpl or Sgt
7.b. II MEF. 2 Active Duty Marines:
7.b.(1). 1 - 2ndlt or 1stLt
7.b.(2). 1 - LCpl or below
7.c. III MEF. 2 Active Duty Marines:
7.c.(1). 1 - 2ndLt or 1stLt
7.c.(2). 1 - Cpl or Sgt
7.d. MARFORRES. 2 Reserve Marines:
7.d.(1). 1 - Sgt
7.d.(2). 1 - 1stSgt or MSgt
7.e. MARFORCOM. 2 Marines, any rank officer or enlisted.
7.f. MARFORPAC. 2 Marines, any rank officer or enlisted.
7.g. EDCOM. 2 Marines:
7.g.(1). 1 - Capt or Maj
7.g.(2). 1 - 1stSgt/MSgt or SgtMaj/MGySgt
8. Administration and Logistics. The summit will be conducted from 1-5 February 2021 at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Marine Corps University, Warner Hall. Travel days are 31 January and 6 February 2021 for CONUS travelers, 30-31 January and 6-7 February 2021 for OCONUS travelers.
8.a. Uniform. For active duty personnel, the required uniform is Woodland MARPAT with sleeves down and Business Casual for civilian attendees. Additionally, masks are required.
8.b. Orders. Individual commands in USMC billets will fund and issue orders for their attendees. All orders should be non-reporting. Government quarters and messing are not available. Rental vehicles may be authorized at parent command discretion. All rental vehicles will be funded by the parent command.
8.c. A detailed schedule and coordinating instructions will be provided to summit members upon submission by their units.
8.d. Announcements, schedules, and Read-A-Head material will be uploaded to the SMMC Summit SharePoint Page. Access to the SharePoint page will be approved upon confirmation of attendees.
9. Release authorized by Major General Gregg P. Olson, Staff Director of the Marine Corps.//