R 041619Z JAN 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/AVAILABILITY OF MCTP 3-40F, DISTRIBUTION AND TRANSPORTATION OPERATIONS//
NARR/REF (A) IS MARINE CORPS PRINTING AND PUBLICATIONS REGULATIONS//
POC/C. BEVAN/CIV/MAGTFTC/MCLOG/TEL: COMM (661) 877-0742/EMAIL: CRAIG.BEVAN@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. JANNERETH/CIV/TECOM/PSD/DB/TEL: COMM (703) 432-8493/EMAIL: ADAM.L.JANNERETH@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Commanding Officer, Marine Corps Logistics Operations Group (MCLOG), Marine Air-Ground Task Force Training Command, approved Marine Corps Tactical Publication (MCTP) 3-40F, Distribution and Transportation Operations on 16 November 2020. MCTP 3-40F is available via the USMC doctrine website https:(slash)(slash)homeport.usmc.mil/sites/mcdoctrine/SitePages/Home.aspx.
2. Background. On 8 July 2020, the Commanding General (CG), Training and Education Command (TECOM) authorized select O-6 commanders, directors, and special staff to manage, author, and approve the doctrine and training publications assigned to them to make their publications more relevant and timely. CG TECOM assigned MCLOG to manage this publication.
3. MCTP 3-40F, Distribution and Transportation Operations, addresses the fundamental principles required for the planning and execution of Marine air-ground task force (MAGTF) distribution and transportation operations. This publication provides a broad doctrinal overview for commanders and their staffs on transportation support tasks and functions related to MAGTF operations. Additionally, it provides the reader with a conceptual understanding of distribution and transportation capabilities, planning considerations, command relationships, support requirements, and considerations for the successful execution of missions across the range of military operations. This publication supersedes MCTP 3-40F, Transportation Operations, dated 5 September 2001.
4. Coordinating Instructions. Reference (a) details steps required to request publication hard copies. However, these publications will be disseminated via electronic distribution only unless commanders submit compelling justification for printed copies. Units requiring print allocations must follow procedures identified in reference (a), paragraph 4a(2). For Marine Corps Publication Distribution System identification purposes, the publication control number is: 147 000063 00. MCTP 3-40F is Distribution A: Approved for public release; distribution is unlimited.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Lewis A. Craparotta, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//