R 072049Z JAN 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ASM//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE FY21-01 4TH MARINE AIRCRAFT WING (MAW) OPERATIONAL SUPPORT AIRCRAFT (OSA) AVIATOR SELECTION BOARD//
REF/C/MSGID:DOC/CMC/MCO 1001R.1L W/CH-1/20180315//
REF/D/MSGID:DOC/4TH MAW/WGO 5320.2T//
REF/E/MSGID:DOC/CMC/ MCO 1331.2K//
NARR/REF A IS THE FY21-01 4TH MAW OPERATIONAL SUPPORT AIRCRAFT (OSA) AVIATION SELECTION BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT. REF B IS THE MOBILIZATION DEFERMENT FOR MARINES TRANSITIONING FROM THE ACTIVE COMPONENT TO THE RESERVE COMPONENT. REF C IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REF D IS THE 4TH MAW ORDER ON RESERVE OFFICER MANAGEMENT POLICIES. REF E IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER ON TRANSITION CONVERSION TRAINING FOR MARINE NAVAL AVIATORS AND NAVAL FLIGHT OFFICERS//
POC/M. R. ROBERSON/LTCOL/HQ 4TH MAW G-1/504-697-7784/ EMAIL: MICHAEL.R.ROBERSON@USMC.MIL//
POC/J.J. ROBIN/MAJ/UNIT: HQ 4TH MAW G-3/504-697-7541/EMAIL: JEREMY.ROBIN@USMC.MIL//
POC/W.T. GRAVES JR/MAJ/VMR BELLE CHASSE OPERATIONS/TEL 504-678-3475/ EMAIL: WILLIAM.T.GRAVES@USMC.MIL//
POC/Z. WEBB/MAJ/VMR ANDREWS S-3/TEL: 240-857-1761/EMAIL: ZACHARY.WEBB@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. IAW REF A, the FY21-01 OSA Selection Board was convened by 4th MAW on 10 December 2020 and selected the below listed officers for training in the UC-12/UC-35 aircraft and subsequent Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) service within 4th MAW. Read in four columns:
Rank Name MOS Squadron
Maj Daniels, Christophe 7509 Andrews
Maj Miller, David 7566 Andrews
Maj Norburg, Matthew 7509 Andrews
Maj Brimhall, Karrie 7566 Belle Chasse
Maj Bussell, Donald 7543 Belle Chasse
Maj Fienning, Edward 7523 Belle Chasse
Rank Name MOS Squadron
Maj Britten, Andrew 7563 Andrews
LtCol Hahn, Dennis 7566 Belle Chasse
2. All personnel listed above are directed to contact their appropriate squadron point of contact listed above within 30 days of the release of this message accepting or declining their assignment to the appropriate squadron.
2.a. Acceptance of this assignment and subsequent completion of required Command Aircraft Crew Training (CACT) constitutes voluntary waiver of the deployment deferment afforded in REF B.
2.b. Selectees who cannot join the appropriate unit and attend training within 180 days will forfeit their selection and be required to apply at a later date, unless current movement restrictions remain in place. Should COVID-19 movement restrictions remain in place, join timelines may shift to facilitate the process for both the squadron and the individual Marine.
3. The next 4th MAW OSA Selection Board will be scheduled for Spring 2021 as required. All applicants applying to future boards will be required to submit a new package as all previous application packages are destroyed.
4. IAW REFS C and D, this message constitutes 4th MAW join and Duty Involving Flight – Operational (DIFOP) approval authority for the selected officers. 4th MAW DIFOP approved effective with actual unit join, unless already a member of a 4th MAW squadron.
5. IAW REF E, PAR 11(A), naval aviators who have completed transition training are under contractual obligation for four years. This obligation will commence on the date transition training is completed.
6. Depending on the selectee’s current component code the join process to 4th MAW will differ. Selectees will still need to work with their respective squadron to determine their exact Billet Identification Code (BIC).
6.a. Active duty Marines are advised to contact their career planner to facilitate Direct Affiliation Program (DAP) authorization utilizing this message as authorization to join 4th MAW.
6.b. SMCR Marines will use this message as their source document for their Inter-unit Transfer (IUT) request. After Marine Forces Reserve (MARFORRES) G1 approves the IUT, the losing commands will generate IUT orders to their respective squadron.
6.c. Marines in the Individual Ready Reserve are advised to contact their local Prior Service Recruiter for join processing utilizing this message as authorization to join 4th MAW.
7. Administrative Guidance:
7.a. Overview. Processing of orders for the approved training period requires the following: submission of training request package via CG, 4th MAW to approving authority from DC for Aviation, and submission of a signed statement of understanding to MARFORRES G-1.
7.b. Selectees will request fund approval and submit orders via the Marine Reserve Order Writing System (MROWS) to CG 4th MAW. Adjustment of the new Mandatory Drill Stop Date (MDSD) will also be required. Utilize the provided page 11 entry templates to acknowledge acceptance of contractual obligation associated with transition training.
7.c. 4th MAW is the only entity authorized to submit requests for and approve funding for this training for the SMCR personnel. MARFORRES G-1 is the only entity authorized to process MDSD's upon completion of pilot training.
7.d. Requests will be submitted by unit commanders to transition approving authority via CG, 4th MAW G-3 training.
7.e. Upon approval of the request, 4th MAW G-3 training will notify the officer’s unit via approval endorsement.
7.f. The SMCR unit will:
7.f.1. Create a page 11 entry utilizing paragraph 7.f.1.a acknowledging the required contractual obligation. The page 11 entry requires both the Marine’s and the commanding officer signatures. Page 11 entry must be dated utilizing the date the Marine acknowledged and accepted the approved training. Have the officer sign the appropriate page 11 entries below:
7.f.1.a. Transition: IAW MCO 1331.2K, PAR 11(A) (obligated service), naval aviators who complete aircraft transition training are under contractual obligation for four years. This obligation will commence on the date transition training is completed. I acknowledge and agree to the additional contractual obligation required per MCO 1331.2K.
7.f.2. Units are directed to utilize the applicable per diem rates available at the training site. Messing and lodging is directed, if available, at cost. Unit S-3 will contact the 4th MAW G-3 point of contact for training funding data.
7.f.3. No less than 30 days from the reporting date of the approved transition training, the unit must submit a set of orders via MROWS. MROWS order requests will not be approved without the prior receipt of the Marines signed page 11 entry.
7.g. Upon completion of SMCR ACTIONS, CG 4th MAW will screen and approve the Marines orders request.
7.h. Upon completion of required training, the SMCR unit will submit an MDSD adjustment request along with a signed copy of the Marine’s page 11 entry to MARFORRES G-1 via their organizational mailbox at MFR_MANPOWER@USMC.MIL. MARFORRES G-1 will report and adjust the MDSD utilizing the date transition/conversion training was completed.
8. Naval aviators are reminded that 4th MAW has open DIFOP and Duty Involving Flight - Denied billets with other SMCR units. To learn more contact 4th MAW G1 at commercial telephone (504)697-7782 or via e-mail at OMB_4THMAW_MANPOWER@USMC.MIL. Names and locations of tactical squadrons seeking aviators follow: HMH-772/ JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ/ TEL: 609-562-8711/ HMLA-773(Det A)/ JRB New Orleans, LA/ TEL: 504-940-4905/ HMLA-773(Det B)/ JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ/ TEL: 609-562-8711/ HMLA-775/ MCAS Camp Pendleton, CA/ TEL: 682-249-6972/ MATSG-42/SAU/ Pensacola, FL/ TEL: 850-240-8578/ VMFA-112/ JRB Fort Worth, TX/ TEL: 817-782-2718/ VMFT-401/ MCAS Yuma, AZ/ TEL: 928-210-6547/ VMGR-234/ JRB Fort Worth, TX/ TEL: 817-782-2901/VMGR-452/ Stewart ANG Base Newburgh, NY/ TEL: 845-563-2905/ VMM-764/ MCAS Miramar, CA/ TEL: 682-309-1165/VMM-774/ NAS Norfolk, VA/ TEL: 757-444-7818/VMU-4/ Camp Pendleton, CA/ TEL: 760-763-4968/
9. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Mark R. Wise, Deputy Commandant for Aviation.//