R 112209Z JAN 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY21 NROTC PANEL MOI RESULTS//
REF/A/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM/DTG 051730Z AUG 20//
REF/B/MSG/ CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM/DTG 281311Z SEP 20//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 449/20 FY21 NROTC BILLET VACANCIES (PNS/XO/MOI) ANNOUNCEMENT. REF B IS MARADMIN 564/20 FY21 NROTC XO/PNS RESULTS. REF C IS MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF D IS THE MARINE CORPS SEPARATIONS MANUAL.//
POC/ERIC D. ALBIN/MAJ/MMOA-3/703-784-9284 EMAIL: ERIC.ALBIN@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per ref (a), on 21 September 2020, the Director, Manpower Management convened the FY21 Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) selection panel to select officers for duty as Marine Officer Instructors (MOI), Executive Officers (XO), and Professors of Naval Science (PNS) beginning in 2021.
2. The panel considered the records of all officers who applied against the requirements of the available universities, individual career progression, competitiveness, preferences of the applicant, and overall needs of the Marine Corps. As an integral component of our officer corps accessions, only those officers who met the standard of best and fully qualified were selected for duty with the NROTC.
3. Marine Officer Instructor assignments for FY21 are as follows:
Name MOS MCC University/Consortium
Jordan, Joshua D. 3404 H07 The Citadel
Baylor, Lindsey A. 0102 H07 The Citadel
Gage, Mackenzie K. 3002 H17 University Of Florida
Butterfield, Joseph A. 4502 H31 Jacksonville University
Smith, Phillip D. 6002 H46 University Of Mississippi
Pingel, Edward J. 4502 H57 Norwich University
Pantoja, Ruben I. 0602 H58 University Of Notre Dame
King, Chase C. 0402 H62 University Of Oklahoma
Evans, Paul E. 0402 H65 Memphis State University
Collins, Daniel W. 6602 H69 Prairie View A&M College
Weston, Richard E. 0302 H72 Purdue University
Boehles, John M. 7208 H78 University Of Rochester
Cameron, Kevin S. 0402 H80 University Of South Carolina
Gabel, Kristen R. 0402 H82 University of So. California
Dye, Jeremiah D. 6002 H83 San Diego State University
Levine, Jason C. 0203 H86 University Of Texas
Merten, John A. 1803 H87 Virginia Military Institute
Quandt, Kathryn L. 1302 H89 Texas A&M University
Downing, Michael S. 0302 H94 University Of Virginia
Kenahan, Trevor H. 1302 HAD Embry-Riddle Aeronautical Univ
Paragone, Joseph R. 0302 H97 Rugters University
4. Selected officers are directed to contact their PMOS monitor NLT 22 January 2021 to acknowledge their selection.
4.a. All requests to decline selection must be made via naval correspondence with command endorsement. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
4.b. There is no deferral of selection.
4.c. Once an officer accepts their selection and receives orders they are subject to ref (c) and (d).
5. Each officer assigned to NROTC duty will become part of the university staff. Orders will not be issued until nominations have been accepted by the respective university to which assigned.
6. Release authorized by BGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//