R112350Z JAN 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY21 ASSISTANT MARINE OFFICER INSTRUCTOR (AMOI) IMMEDIATE BILLET VACANCIES//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1326.6, SELECTING, SCREENING, AND PREPARING ENLISTED MARINES FOR SCREENABLE BILLETS AND INDEPENDENT DUTY ASSIGNMENT (SCREENMAN). REF B IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF C IS MCO 1020.34H MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS.
POC/C.J. PETERSEN/MAJ/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472 EMAIL: CLARK.PETERSEN@USMC.MIL//
POC/T.J. HUSAR/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-784-9335 EMAIL: TYLER.HUSAR@USMC.MIL//
POC/J.L. SAUNDERS/GYSGT/DRILL INSTRUCTOR MONITOR/TEL: 703-432-9475 EMAIL: JUSTIN.SAUNDERS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the immediate billet vacancies for the FY21 AMOI program, and to solicit applications from qualified Marines.
2. Based on the recent review of Marine Corps billets that require an AMOI, Headquarters Marine Corps will accept applications for projected vacancies listed below.
2.a. AMOI and OCS vacancies:
University/Vacancy MCC Location
NROTC University of San Diego HC1 San Diego, CA
NROTC College of the Holy Cross H22 Worcester, MA
NROTC Oregon State University H64 Corvallis, OR
NROTC Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute H74 Troy, NY
NROTC Savannah State College H79 Savannah, GA
Officer Training Command K55 Newport, RI
3. Tour Length. All assignments are 36-month tours.
4. Eligibility requirements. In addition to the eligibility requirements contained in reference (a), Marines applying for the above mentioned billets must meet and comply with the following criteria:
4.a. Regular active duty Marines in the grade of Staff Sergeant through Master Sergeant.
4.b. Have successfully completed their first tour as a Drill Instructor.
4.c. Possess a minimum General Technical score of 100 (AMOI duty only). Waiverable by HQMC.
4.d. Meet height and weight standards.
4.e. Possess a current first class Physical Fitness Test score at the time of submission.
4.f. Served a minimum of 36 months in Primary MOS since last SDA tour at estimated date of departure. Waiverable by HQMC to two years based upon the needs of the Marine Corps.
4.g. Have three years Time On Station (TOS) at estimated date of departure, in accordance with reference (b). Waiverable by HQMC to two years based upon the needs of the Marine Corps. Time on Station requirements for Marines requesting assignment in the same geographic location do not apply.
4.h. Marines serving at an overseas location will be required to complete the prescribed overseas tour length prior to reporting to their assignment in the Continental United States, in accordance with reference (b).
4.i. Requests for retirement that would reduce the prescribed tour length will not normally receive a favorable consideration.
4.j. Marines applying for this program must be willing to accept assignment to any vacancy listed in paragraph 2.a.
5. Marines selected for AMOI duty will be required to execute their PCS moves and report to their respective NROTC units no later than 1 August 2021.
6. No later than 10 March 2021, applications with attachments must be submitted electronically using the Special Duty Assignment request in the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) to CMC (MMEA-25) via the normal Reenlistment Extension Lateral Move (RELM) routing chain. Unit Career Planners have access to the TFRS program. The enclosures to the RELM will contain the following:
6.a. Administrative Action (AA) form listing in order of precedence (1 through 6) the billets for which applying, dates served on Drill Instructor Duty, and any other relevant information that should be considered by the board. Gunnery Sergeants must annotate their promotion preference (M or F).
6.b. Independent Duty Checklist, provided in appendix E of reference (a).
7. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
8. Release authorized by BGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//