R 120005Z JAN 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE FY21 HQMC SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT SELECTION TEAM (HSST) PART 2 RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1020.34H//
REF/B/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 363/20//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1300.8//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.31//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1326.6//
REF/F/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 706/19//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1020.34H WHICH CONTAINS MARINE CORPS TATTOO POLICY PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED VIA MCBUL 1020. REF B IS MARADMIN 363/20, FY22 HQMC SDA VOLUNTEER PERIOD. REF C IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF D IS MCO 1040.31, ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REF E IS MCO 1326.6, SELECTING, SCREENING, AND PREPARING ENLISTED MARINES FOR SCREENABLE BILLETS AND INDEPENDENT DUTY ASSIGNMENTS (SCREENMAN). REF F IS MARADMIN 706/19, FY20 SDA AND SCREENABLE BILLET COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS.//
POC/B. P. WAGNER/LTCOL/MMEA-2/TEL: 703-784-9484/EMAIL: BENJAMIN.P.WAGNER@USMC.MIL//
POC/C. J. PETERSEN/MAJ/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472/EMAIL: CLARK.PETERSEN@USMC.MIL//
POC/T. J. HUSAR/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-784-9335/EMAIL: TYLER.J.HUSAR@USMC.MIL//
POC/J. P. ALLISON/GYSGT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9745/EMAIL: JOSHUA.P.ALLISON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. In accordance with reference (a), the Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) Special Duty Assignment (SDA) Screening Team (HSST) Part 2 completed directed screening of eligible Marines for Special Duty Assignments as Recruiters and Marine Security Guard (MSG) Detachment Commanders.
2. Duty and class assignments were made based on individual Marine’s preferences, Commanding Officer recommendations, individual qualifications, and projected vacancies in accordance with reference.
(b). The by-name list of approved assignments and qualified alternates will be released via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS).
2.a. Vacancies still remain for FY21 assignments to SDA. Marines identified as alternates may be assigned throughout the FY based on service needs.
3. HQMC will not normally accept deferrals and changes to duty assignment; however, consideration will be given in special circumstances. Additional instructions for requesting modifications are released via TFRS, available through Unit Career Planners.
4. This message serves as notice of orders for the Marines on the approved list. Marines must accept the obligated service to complete their assignment within 15 days of approval of TFRS Reenlistment Extension Lateral Move (RELM) authority. Marines who do not extend/reenlist in order to qualify for assignment will receive a page 11 entry and a RE-3O reenlistment code in accordance with reference (c).
5. Commanders must conduct re-certification of selected Marines, in accordance with reference (e), 60 days prior to the SDA class report date to ensure that the Marine is still qualified for the assigned SDA. If a Marine is found unqualified during that time, Commanders must contact HQMC (MMEA-25) via TFRS NLT 45 calendar days prior to the class report date. Additionally, Commanders must verify that the received orders comply with guidance provided in reference (e) in order to ensure Marines attend school in accordance with their marital status and location.
6. Volunteers for an SDA are encouraged to continue submission of screening requests to fill FY21 class vacancies. Marines identified for directed screening to fill FY21 SDA vacancies will be released via separate MARADMIN.
7. Refer all questions to the points of contact listed above.
8. Release authorized by BGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//