R 211229Z JAN 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 16TH ANNUAL STARS AND STRIPES RECOGNITION DINNER AND THE 35TH BLACK ENGINEER OF THE YEAR AWARDS SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING AND MATH GLOBAL COMPETITIVENESS CONFERENCE//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. QUINONES/SGT/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: ANTHONY.QUINONES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Career Communications Group will host the 16th military Stars and Stripes Recognition award ceremony and the 35th Black Engineer of the Year Award (BEYA) Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Global Competitiveness Conference on 11-13 February 2021 digitally. The platform used will be Zoom.
2. BEYA is an annual, three day conference that brings industry professionals and students together to share their experiences and career information. Attendees can network with others from around the country while participating in seminars and workshops that explore every facet of STEM career paths. The goal of BEYA is to create connections between students, educators, and STEM military professionals while facilitating partnerships with individuals and their local STEM resources.
3. Marines who participate in the conference will find role models, mentors, and opportunities to train and network. Sponsors and exhibitors will be present to enhance visibility in the STEM community. Various other events will occur such as the Digital Modern-Day Technology Leadership Luncheon and awards ceremony, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Engineering Deans’ award ceremony and the BEYA STEM “Oscars” award ceremony and Gala. More information can be found on the BEYA website at https:(slash)(slash)intouch.ccgmag.com/page/beya-stem-conference.
4. Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC), Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will sponsor 25 conference/registration fees. Commanders may authorize Permissive Temporary Additional Duty for Marines and Sailors attached to their unit to allow virtual participation in an environment without distractions. Commanders/Supervisors may also approve civilian Marine participation in an environment without distractions. All Marine Corps registration fees must be coordinated through the MPE Branch. Reservations will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
5. The uniform of the day for the event is Service Dress Blues with ribbons for any attendee broadcasting images or video in the course of his/her participation.
6. Requests to attend this event should be emailed to Marc Sheppard (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sergeant Anthony Quinones (email@example.com) via your OIC and include the following information: name, rank, unit, email, and duty station.
7. BEYA is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
8. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
9. Release authorized by BGen J. G. Woodworth, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy.//