R 221602Z JAN 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/ENLISTED MARINE APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED BY NAVY FLIGHT DEMONSTRATION SQUADRON (BLUE ANGELS) FOR 2022-2024 SHOW SEASONS//
AMPN/REF A IS CNATRAINST 1301.4M, APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR OFFICERS OF THE BLUE ANGELS//
POC: CHRISTOPHER T. MAXHEIMER/GYSGT/TEL: 702-427-4860 TEL: 850-452-3651, EMAIL: CHRISTOPHER.T.MAXHEI@NAVY.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce requirements and solicit qualified Enlisted Marine applications to the Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron (Blue Angels) for the CY 2022 – 2024 show seasons. Applications must be received no later than 31 March 2021. Selection results will be available no later than 30 April 2021. Selectees shall be ordered to report no later than 31 October 2021.
2. There are open billets within the following MOS:
6048 – Flight Equipment Technician (Sgt – SSgt)
6049 – NALCOMIS Application Administration/Analyst (Cpl – Sgt)
6216 – Fixed-Wing Aircraft Mechanic, KC-130J (Sgt – SSgt)
6276 – Fixed-Wing Aircraft Loadmaster, KC-130J (Sgt – SSgt)
6286 – Fixed-Wing Aircraft Safety Equipment Mechanic, KC-130J (Cpl – Sgt)
6316 – Aircraft Communication/Navigation System Technician, KC-130J (Sgt – SSgt)
6317 – Aircraft Communication/Navigation System Technician, F/A-18 (Sgt – SSgt)
3. Personnel selected for this unique and demanding duty represent hundreds of thousands of Marines and Sailors serving throughout the United States and abroad. Applicants must meet the requirements listed below to be considered for duty with the Blue Angels (waivers are not normally considered).
3.a. Must be on active duty.
3.b. Applicants must have completed a minimum of 2 years time-on-station by 1 June 2021 or within 12 months of PCS or PCA orders.
3.c. No non-judicial punishment or court-martial convictions in the last 36 months.
3.d. No alcohol-related incidents (civil or military) in the last 36 months. Driving under the influence/driving while intoxicated convictions within the last 5 years are disqualifying.
3.e. No financial instability/command directed counseling in the last 36 months. Applicants must be eligible for a government credit card (this cannot be waived).
3.f. No physical fitness test or combat fitness test failures in the last 36 months. Personnel who have had medical waivers in the last 24 months will be considered on a case-by-case basis only.
3.g. Specific requirements for the 6048 and 6049 billets: Must have prior KC-130J/T experience.
3.h. Specific requirements for the 6276 billet:
3.h.1. Must be currently qualified NATOPS Loadmaster.
3.h.2. Flight Engineer designation recommended.
3.h.3. Minimum of 750 KC-130J/T flight hours recommended.
4.h.4. Completion of air drop school recommended.
3.i. Specific requirements for the 6216, 6286, 6316 and 6317 billets: Must be a Collateral Duty Inspector.
4. Interested Marines meeting the above requirements shall submit an application to the Blue Angels with the following documents in this order:
4.a. Current Commanding Officer signed letter of endorsement on command letterhead, which must include: a statement on military appearance and tattoos, an evaluation of the Marine’s public speaking ability, demeanor, professional knowledge, and leadership skills.
4.b. Request for Consideration Letter (template is enclosure 2 within CNATRAINST 1301.4M)
4.c. Enclosure 1: Copy of BIR and BTR.
4.d. Enclosure 2: Copy of page 11s
4.e. Enclosure 3: Any letters of recommendation.
4.f. Enclosure 4: Completed enlisted application questionnaire located at: https:(slash)(slash)www.blueangels.navy.mil/join/.
5. Applications should be sent electronically to: email@example.com. Physical applications are not required, but may be mailed to:
Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron
Attn: GySgt Christopher Maxheimer
1605 Third Street
Hangar 5 Building 850
El Centro, CA 92243-4900
6. Point of contact: GySgt Christopher T. Maxheimer at (702) 427-4860 or (850) 452-3651 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, visit the Blue Angels web site at: www.blueangels.navy.mil.
7. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserves and is cancelled for record purposes on 31 August 2021.
8. Release authorized by BGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//