R 012000Z FEB 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN//
SUBJ/FY21-01 MARINE TRANSPORT SQUADRON 1 (VMR-1) SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE (SMCR) AVIATOR SELECTION BOARD//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1001R.1L W/CH-1/20180315//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MARADMIN 405/20//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/WGO 5320.2T//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/CMC/MCO 1331.2K
NARR/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REF B IS THE RESERVE AVIATOR ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF C IS THE 4TH MAW OFFICER MANAGEMENT POLICY. REF D IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER ON TRANSITION CONVERSION TRAINING FOR MARINE NAVAL AVIATORS AND NAVAL FLIGHT OFFICERS//
POC/M.R. ROBERSON LTCOL/HQ 4TH MAW G-1/TEL: 504-697-7784/EMAIL: MICHAEL.R.ROBERSON@USMC.MIL//
POC/M.I. GARCIA/SSGT/HQ 4TH MAW G-1 MANPOWER/TEL: 504-697-7783/EMAIL: MARIBEL.I.GARCIA@USMC.MIL//
POC/M.L. VALENTI/LTCOL/VMR-1 COMMANDING OFFICER/TEL: 817-782-6572/EMAIL: MICHAEL.VALENTI@USMC.MIL//
ALTERNATE POC/A.B. GREER/MAJ/VMR-1 EXECUTIVE OFFICER/TEL: 817-782-6581/EMAIL: ANDREW.GREER@USMC.MIL//
ALTERNATE POC/D.H. HOWARD/LTCOL/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ASM/TEL: DSN 223-4108/703-693-4108/EMAIL: DOUGLAS.H.HOWARD@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the FY21-01 VMR-1 Aviator Selection Board. All eligible Naval Aviators who apply to fill SMCR billets with VMR-1 will be considered by this board.
2. The VMR-1 Marine C-40A Pilot Selection Board is scheduled to convene on or about 22 February 2021. Applications must be received by 2359 CST, 18 February 2021. Late packages will not be considered.
3. Eligible Officers:
a. Basic eligibility requirements are as follows:
(1) Primary MOS of 7509, 7518, 7523, 7532, 7543 and 7557 or a secondary MOS of 7551, 7553, 7554, or 7555.
(2) A minimum of 1000 total flight hours, of which a minimum of 500 hours are fixed-wing flight time.
(3) Aviators without a primary or secondary MOS listed above will be considered if they possess extensive experience flying civilian variants of the 737.
(4) A well-rounded mix of designations/qualifications, commensurate with hours and platform. These differ by T/M/S but may include: NATOPS Instructor/Assistant NATOPS Instructor, Division Lead, Fleet Replacement Squadron Instructor or Flight Leadership Standardization Evaluator.
(5) A strong background in instrument and international flight operations.
b. Board selected aviators will incur a 48 month obligation as noted in paragraph 11(a) of reference (d). Obligated service will commence on the date transition training is completed.
(1) Reserve Naval Aviators (SMCR, Individual Mobilization Augmentee, or Individual Ready Reserve): Must affiliate within 30 days of the selection results message.
(2) Active Component Naval Aviators: Including the eligibility requirements above, must establish an EAS in writing from HQMC (MMOA) after board conclusion, and be able to affiliate with the Ready Reserve NLT 30 June 2021. An EAS is not required prior to the board convening.
(a) Applicants must have 20 months time-on-station (TOS) by the convening date of the board, and must complete 24 months TOS prior to execution of orders, if selected.
3.(b). Applicants must provide an email from their Active Duty monitor concurring that eligibility requirements have been met, all Active Duty obligations have been/or will be complete by 30 May 2021, and confirmation that the officer is not in receipt of orders.
4. Ineligible Officers: SMCR Captains who have been passed for promotion are ineligible. SMCR Majors who are unable to complete 48 months participation prior to their mandatory removal date or service limits for grade are ineligible. Additionally, active component officers who are contractually obligated past 30 June 2021 are ineligible.
5. Individuals selected will have 30 days from the date of the board to route an affiliation package. Early removal from VMR-1 is at the discretion of the individual commander based on performance and participation. Drill schedule, annual training, and aircraft qualification training will be IAW current unit standard operating procedure and will require a minimum of four days of active participation each month. Additionally, individuals selected will be required to attend four weeks of Active Duty Training (ADT) for initial C-40A qualification.
6. Applicants will not be accommodated who are either medically disqualified for duties involving flying or had their flight status revoked. All previous applicants must submit a new package for consideration on this board.
7. Application Requirements:
a. Applicants are to submit the following documents; document templates can be found by referencing the 4th MAW Aviator Selection Boards Website at: https:(slash)(slash)www.marforres.marines.mil/Units/4th-Marine-Aircraft-Wing/Join/Aviation-Boards/
(1) Cover letter stating intention to apply, date of availability, and the Privacy Act sheet included in reference (a).
(2) VMR-1 Application.
(3) Flight logbook (accident and flight rule violation record pages and most recent flight data page).
(4) Flight training/qualifications (cover pages from NATOPS jacket sections IIA and IIB, most recent NATOPS/INST evaluation reports).
(5) Aviation Qualification Summary.
(6) Reserve Qualification Summary.
(7) Up to date Master Brief Sheet.
(8) Fitness reports (last five minimum, recommend submitting all breakout FITREPs).
(9) Current medical clearance.
(10) Copy of DD 214, if applicable.
(11) Career Summary/Biography.
(12) Letters of Recommendation, as applicable.
(13) Statement of Understanding.
(14) Active component aviators must provide a scanned copy of the email referenced in para 3.c.3 of this message.
b. Applicants must also acknowledge via a Statement of Understanding within their application that they accept a four-year obligation with VMR-1. This obligation will begin upon the completion of the C-40A training period and a support eligible designation. Applicants currently assigned to a flying billet shall include an endorsement from their Commanding Officer. Letters of recommendation, particularly from individuals with whom the applicant has served in a flying unit, are encouraged and should be included with the application. Applicants may also present a letter to the board president with their application.
c. A digital (pdf) copy of the entire package shall be emailed to the following organizational mailbox: OMB_4THMAW_MANPOWER@usmc.mil. Avoid using SSNs or other PII in packages. EDIPIs are acceptable. Contact the 4th MAW G-1 POC above for issues submitting packages. Note: Adobe Acrobat pdf format is the only accepted means of digital submission for the application. Applicants shall not lock or protect submitted documents to prevent modifying or merging them. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that packages are complete, are legible, and have been received by 4th MAW G-1. Late or incomplete packages will not be considered.
d. Label all pdf files with lastname.firstname.document (e.g. Wildfang.Henry.Resume) for tracking purposes. If multiple pdf files are submitted, label files as 1 of xx (e.g., Wildfang.Henry.Resume 1 of 4).
8. Selection Board results will be announced via MARADMIN at the earliest possible date after the conclusion of board proceedings.
9. Applicants are reminded that 4th MAW has open DIFOP billets with other SMCR units.
10. This MARADMIN was coordinated with Manpower and Reserve Affairs.
11. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Mark R. Wise, Deputy Commandant for Aviation.//