R 082003Z FEB 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/RELEASE OF THE PREGNANCY AND POSTPARTUM PHYSICAL TRAINING HANDBOOK//
REF/A/MARADMIN 178/20 19507Z MAR 20//
NARR/REF A ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF THE PREGNANCY AND POSTPARTUM PHYSICAL TRAINING GUIDEBOOK//
POC/LINDSEY SLYMAN/MAJ/UNIT: HUMAN PERFORMANCE BRANCH, TRAINING AND EDUCATION COMMAND (TECOM)/TEL: 703-784-3087/DSN: 378-3087/EMAIL: LINDSEY.SLYMAN@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the release of the Marine Corps Pregnancy and PostPartum Physical Training Handbook.
2. Background. The continued success of our warfighting organization is credited to the incredible talents of the individual Marine. To support mission readiness and operational requirements, while remaining mindful of Marines and their family circumstances and considerations, Human Performance Branch, Training and Education Command developed a guidebook, published in March of 2020, to provide greater clarity for adoption of a physical training (PT) program to empower a pregnant or postpartum Marine to design her own PT regimen during this natural life event.
3. In addition to this guidebook, a shorter document, the Pregnancy and PostPartum Physical Training Handbook, was developed to continue the effort to meet the needs of this community. This document will further assist pregnant and postpartum Marines to develop a PT program during pregnancy and postpartum periods. The handbook is a supplement to the original guidebook, providing complementary information, further detail on workout structure, and several sample programs that serve as another resource in developing appropriate training while pregnant or postpartum.
4. Based on recent medical studies, the Marine Corps and the Department of the Navy’s Bureau of Medicine and Surgery recognize that PT activity during pregnancy and postpartum periods has proven benefits with minimal risk for most women; however, because each pregnancy is a very personal experience, pregnant and postpartum Marines must always first consult with a health care provider before conducting physical activity.
5. The Pregnancy and PostPartum Physical Training Handbook as well as the previously released guidebook can be found at https:(slash)(slash)www.fitness.marines.mil.
6. Questions regarding this handbook are directed to contact the Human Performance Branch at TECOM.email@example.com.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Lewis A. Craparotta, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//