R 121823Z FEB 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/WOUNDED WARRIOR REGIMENT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR 2021 WARRIOR GAMES//
POC/C. CASANOVA/MAJ/WWR S-3/EMAIL: CLAUDIO.CASANOVA@USMC.MIL/TEL: 703-432-5468//
POC/K. ROGERS/CIV/WWR WAR-P/TEL: 703-606-1193/EMAIL: KERRI.ROGERS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Wounded Warrior Regiment's (WWR) Warrior Athlete Reconditioning Program (WAR-P) provides adaptive sports activities to Recovering Service Members (RSMs) commensurate with their physical and psychological capabilities in order to enhance individual recovery and enable RSMs to develop life-long healthy habits to improve their quality of life.
2. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to solicit applicants for the 2021 Warrior Games (WG) from RSMs not assigned to WWR or a subordinate battalion or detachment.
3. The annual Department of Defense (DoD) Warrior Games (WG) will be hosted this year by the United States Army in Orlando, FL from 6-23 September 2021.
4. The WG consists of wounded, ill, and injured (WII) active, reserve, and veteran athletes who have served with Marine units. This includes, but is not limited to, RSMs recovering from or adapting to medical impairments such as amputation, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, post-traumatic stress, mental health, visual impairment, or cancer. Injuries do not have to be combat related.
4.a. For an RSM to qualify, he or she must have trained in the sports they choose to register in and be medically cleared to participate prior to arrival at WG. WG is a competitive environment, not the time to begin a new sport.
4.b. RSMs with end of active service (EAS) dates set within six weeks of the execution of the WG will not be allowed to participate.
4.c. RSMs that anticipate participation in an internship or transition related events (job interviews, house hunting, etc.) during the 2021 WG will not be allowed to participate.
4.d. The following sports competitions will be offered at the 2021 WG: shooting (air rifle and pistol), swimming, cycling, wheelchair basketball, sitting volleyball, wheelchair rugby, powerlifting, indoor rowing, archery, golf, track, and field.
4.e. RSMs shall select, at a minimum, two sports to compete in, not to include team sports.
5. RSMs interested in participating shall email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5.a. RSMs will be provided a link to the registration and medical questionnaire forms that must be filled out completely and accurately to include submission of qualifying times and scores.
5.b. Active Duty RSMs requesting registration must secure a command endorsement stating the Marine or Sailor is mentally and physically capable of participating, and will be made available to attend.
5.c. Registration must contain required medical questionnaire and be current within six months of the last day of the WG.
5.d. All participation requests must be received by WWR WAR-P no later than (NLT) 5 April 2021 via encrypted email. Contact email@example.com with any questions or issues regarding registration.
5.e. Participation requests will be screened and those invited to attend will be notified NLT 15 May 2021.
5.f. For those selected by WWR WAR-P and approved by their parent command to attend, active-duty Temporary Assigned Duty orders will be generated by the local command and funded by WWR. Dates of travel are 6 September 2021 – 23 September 2021 to Orlando, FL. Billeting in Americans with Disability Act (ADA) compliant rooms will be arranged by WWR for those who require it.
6. Questions regarding this MARADMIN should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Released authorized by Lieutenant General David A. Ottignon, Deputy Commandant, Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//