R 191828Z FEB 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/ANNUAL RIFLE QUALIFICATION (ARQ) IMPLEMENTATION//
REF/C/MCRP 8-10B.2 RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP//
NARR/REF A IS THE FY21 COMBAT MARKSMANSHIP SYMPOSIUM POST SYMPOSIUM MESSAGE, PARAGRAPH 4.A OF THE REFERENCE DIRECTS IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS PROGRAM. REF B IS THE MARINE CORPS COMBAT MARKSMANSHIP PROGRAMS (MCCMP) ORDER. REF C IS THE MARINE CORPS REFERENCE PUB FOR RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP//
POC/J. COSTA/GUNNER/UNIT: WEAPONS TRAINING BATTALION (WTBN) QUANTICO,MPMS/TEL: 703 784-5161/EMAIL: JOHN.COSTA2@USMC.MIL//
POC/G.J. BENSINGER/GS12/UNIT: WTBN QUANTICO, MPMS/TEL: 703-784-5217/EMAIL: GERRY.BENSINGER@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. In accordance with the references, this MARADMIN outlines the Marine Corps wide implementation plan for the Annual Rifle Qualification (ARQ) program to replace the current Annual Rifle Training (ART) program.
2. Situation. Improvements to the Marine Corps’ rifle training and qualification program have been under development since 2016. With assistance and approval from Fleet Marine Forces, WTBn Quantico has developed, tested, and validated an improved rifle qualification program designed to replicate more realistic conditions by emphasizing on lethality and positional shooting. As per ref a, the Commanding General, Training and Education Command (CG, TECOM) has directed full implementation of ARQ to replace ART as the annual marksmanship sustainment requirement service wide. Entry Level Rifle Training will remain unaffected.
3. Mission. No later than 1 October 2021 (FY22), the Marine Corps will implement ARQ as the annual marksmanship training requirement. WTBn Quantico will provide training and assistance on the conduct of ARQ to Formal Marksmanship Training Units (FMTU) in order to facilitate the transition to service wide ARQ implementation.
4. Execution. During the second and third quarters of FY21, WTBn Quantico will conduct three regional ARQ Train the Trainer (T3) courses (East Coast, West Coast, and Quantico) for instructors and range personnel assigned to the FMTUs across the force. This training will produce qualified regional subject matter experts to execute ARQ and further train local Combat Marksmanship Coaches and Trainers within their geographic region.
4.a. Commands owning the following FMTUs and ranges will be given five quotas for qualified personnel to attend their regional ARQ T3 course. Commands will further develop and execute a local ARQ implementation plan for their region using these qualified trainers.
4.a.(1). FMTU MCAS Cherry Point, NC.
4.a.(2). FMTU MCSFRegt Yorktown, VA.
4.a.(3). FMTU WTBn Camp Lejeune, NC.
4.a.(4). FMTU WFTBn Parris Island, SC.
4.a.(5). FMTU MCB Camp Butler, Okinawa.
4.a.(6). FMTU MCB Kaneohe Bay, HI.
4.a.(7). FMTU WFTBn Edson Range, Camp Pendleton, CA.
4.a.(8). FMTU MCB Camp Pendleton, CA.
4.a.(9). FMTU SOI West, Camp Pendleton, CA.
4.a.(10). FMTU MCAS Miramar, CA.
4.a.(11). FMTU MAGTFTC, 29 Palms, CA.
4.a.(12). FMTU MCAS Yuma, AZ.
4.b. MARFORRES will be funded for a total of (30) Marines to attend ARQ T3. All may attend the T3 in Quantico or can be divided amongst all three regional T3 courses.
4.c. During each T3 course students will execute ARQ and receive additional instruction required for updated Combat Marksmanship Coach and Trainer skills. Upon completion of the course students will receive all necessary lesson materials and range operation instructions to be able to implement and execute ARQ at their parent commands.
4.d. The three ARQ T3 courses are:
4.d.(1). 8-12 March 2021 at WTBn Stone Bay, Camp Lejeune, NC.
4.d.(2). 22-26 March at WFTBn Edson Range, Camp Pendleton, CA.
4.d.(3). June 2021 at WTBn Quantico; specific dates TBD.
5.a. Attendees to the ARQ T3 courses must be a formally trained MOS 0931 Combat Marksmanship Trainer (Cpl or above), serving in an FMTU, range billet, or as Bn level or higher CMT.
5.b. Conversion of ARQ scores to ART scores must be utilized for marksmanship data entries until reporting systems have been updated. Once approved for release, the authorized score conversion chart and scoring sheets can be found at https:(slash)(slash)trngcmd.usmc.afpims.mil/Northeast/Weapons-Training-Battalion/Marksmanship-Program-Management-Section/MPMS-Download-Area/.
6. Logistics. Quotas for specific units listed above will be funded by TECOM. Funding data will be provided by WTBn Quantico in future correspondence. Additional quotas and participation from commands not listed will be available with parent command funding.
7. Command and Signal. Commanding Officer, WTBn Quantico is the proponent for Marine Corps marksmanship. Contact the WTBn Quantico POCs for further coordination and additional information.
8. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Lewis A. Craparotta, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//