R 231255Z FEB 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2021 COMBAT MARKSMANSHIP SYMPOSIUM POST SYMPOSIUM MESSAGE//
REF/C/MCRP 8-10B.2 RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP//
REF/D/MCRP 8-10B.3 PISTOL MARKSMANSHIP//
REF/E/CMS CHARTER/NOVEMBER 2020//
NARR/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER FOR THE MARINE CORPS COMBAT MARKSMANSHIP PROGRAMS (MCCMP). REF B IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER FOR THE COMPETITION IN ARMS PROGRAM. REF C IS THE MARINE CORPS REFERENCE PUB FOR RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP. REF D IS THE MARINE CORPS REFERENCE PUB FOR PISTOL MARKSMANSHIP. REF E IS THE CMS CHARTER WHICH CAN BE VIEWED AT HTTPS:(SLASH)(SLASH)WWW.TRNGCMD.MARINES.MIL/UNITS/NORTHEAST/WEAPONS-TRAINING-BATTALION//
POC/J. COSTA/GUNNER, CWO4/UNIT: WTBN QUANTICO, MPMS/TEL: (703)784-5161/EMAIL: JOHN.COSTA2@USMC.MIL//
POC/G. J. BENSINGER/GS12/UNIT: WTBN QUANTICO, MPMS/TEL: (703)784-5217/EMAIL: GERY.BENSINGER@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Commanding General, Training and Education Command (CG, TECOM) serves as the Sponsor for the MCCMP. Training Command staffs and distributes products developed by MCCMP proponent. Commanding Officer, Weapons Training Battalion (WTBn) serves as the marksmanship proponent; responsible for oversight of the MCCMP, to include maintaining the MCCMP order, and the development, maintenance, and update of all master lesson files and other supporting documentation for conducting marksmanship training throughout the Marine Corps.
2. WTBn Quantico hosted the fiscal year 2021 (FY21) Combat Marksmanship Symposium (CMS) virtually from 5-23 October 2020. The CMS provides a forum where authorized decision makers, representing the operating forces, supporting establishment, entry-level training continuum, and HQMC, meet to identify and discuss issues and provide recommended solutions to improve combat marksmanship. This symposium provides a single point to consolidate combat marksmanship issues and provides senior leadership a true picture of our current state of marksmanship.
3. For FY21 the following working groups (WG) convened: WG1 Weapons, WG2 Range and Facilities, WG3 Institutional Marksmanship Programs, WG4 Competition in Arms Program, and WG5 Simulations and Distance Learning.
4. The executive steering committee brought forward the following items that were approved by the Sponsor:
4.A. CG, TECOM authorized a phased implementation of the Annual Rifle Qualification (ARQ) program, replacing the current Annual Rifle Training program beginning in second quarter FY21, and ending with full Marine Corps implementation no later than 1 October 2021. Entry-Level Rifle training will not be changed. Details of the implementation plan will follow in future correspondence.
4.B. CG, TECOM directs Commanders at WTBn Quantico, School of Infantry West, Weapons and Field Training Battalion Edson Range, and WTBn Stone Bay to align efforts in the creation of an Advanced Marksmanship Training Program.
4.C. CG, TECOM directs a feasibility of support to determine potential impacts in executing ARQ night engagement stages; outputs feed into next CMS.
4.D. The FY21 Authorized Weapons, Optics, and Modular Attachments MARADMIN will be released via separate correspondence no later than the end of second quarter FY21.
5. WTBn Quantico will act on and coordinate the items in paragraph 4 of this message. Where necessary and appropriate, WTBn will make liaison with the other commands to accomplish these efforts.
6. The FY21 CMS met its intent to gain a clear picture of the current state of Marine Corps marksmanship and the steps needed to improve the program. The FY22 CMS will be held 18-22 October 2021. WTBn, Quantico will draft a calling message for submission of topics for the FY22 CMS in April of 2021. In order to maintain relevant discussion, WTBn will socialize quarterly CMS action item updates via the WTBn website at https:(slash)(slash)www.trngcmd.marines.mil/Units/Northeast/Weapons-Training-Battalion.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Lewis A. Craparotta, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//