R 231518Z FEB 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2021 AUTHORIZED INDIVIDUAL WEAPONS, OPTICS, MODULAR ATTACHMENTS AND MODIFICATIONS FOR ANNUAL RIFLE AND PISTOL TRAINING//
REF/B/MCRP 3-01A RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP//
REF/C/MCRP 3-01B PISTOL MARKSMANSHIP//
NARR/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER FOR MARINE CORPS COMBAT MARKSMANSHIP PROGRAMS. REF B IS THE MARINE CORPS REFERENCE PUBLICATION FOR RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP. REF C IS THE MARINE CORPS REFERENCE PUBLICATION FOR PISTOL MARKSMANSHIP. REF D IS THE AUTHORIZED INDIVIDUAL WEAPONS, OPTICS, MODULAR ATTACHMENTS AND MODIFICATIONS FOR FY20 ANNUAL RIFLE AND PISTOL TRAINING. REF E IS THE FY21 COMBAT MARKSMANSHIP SYMPOSIUM POST SYMPOSIUM MESSAGE; PARAGRAPH 4.D. DIRECTS PUBLICATION OF THIS MESSAGE.//
POC/J. COSTA/GUNNER, CWO4/UNIT: WTBN QUANTICO, MPMS/TEL: (703)784-5161/EMAIL: JOHN.COSTA2@USMC.MIL//
POC/G. J. BENSINGER/GS12/UNIT: WTBN QUANTICO, MPMS/TEL: (703)784-5217/EMAIL: GERY.BENSINGER@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. In accordance with the references, this MARADMIN provides annual guidance on the weapons, optics, and modular attachments required, as fielded and reflected on unit Table of Equipment (T/E), during Annual Rifle Training (ART), Annual Rifle Qualification (ARQ), Combat Pistol Program (CPP), and authorized modifications to the service rifle and pistol for the fiscal year (FY) indicated.
2. This MARADMIN supersedes and cancels MARADMIN 110/20.
3. In accordance with REF E, as approved by Training and Education Command (TECOM), the following weapons, optics, modular attachments, and modifications are authorized for use in the conduct of ART, ARQ, and CPP.
4. The following pistols are authorized for the CPP; Item, Nomenclature/Table of Authorized Material Control Number (TAMCN):
4.A. Pistol, M9/E1250.
4.B. Pistol, M9A1/E1245.
4.C. Pistol, Close Quarter Battle, M45A1/E1251.
4.D. Pistol, Glock-19, M007 /E0215.
4.E. Pistol, M18/E0030, with associated equipment.
5. The following equipment is authorized for CPP: Item, Nomenclature/National Stock Number (NSN), Part Number (PN)/Weapon System:
5.A. Pistol Aiming Module (PAM)/E01687G/6230-01-617-8332/M9A1, M45A1, G19.
5.B. USMC holster kit (12140b/right-handed (RH) shooter)/8465015985722/M9, M9A1.
5.C. USMC holster kit (12140a/left-handed (LH) shooter)/8465015986377/M9, M9A1.
5.D. Pistol holster 1095015452308/M9A1.
5.E. Pistol holster w/light (RH shooter)/1095016299971/M9A1.
5.F. Pistol holster w/light (LH shooter)/1095016300075/M9A1.
5.G. Pistol holster (RH shooter)/1095-016300963/M45A1.
5.H. Pistol holster (LH shooter)/1095-016301153/M45A1.
5.I. Pistol holster w/light (RH shooter)/1095-016299630/M45A1.
5.J. Pistol holster w/light (LH shooter)/1095-016299605/M45A1.
5.K. Pistol holster (RH shooter)/1095-016300945/G19.
5.L. Pistol holster (LH shooter)/1095016302220/G19.
5.M. Pistol holster w/light (RH shooter)/1095016300936/G19.
5.N. Pistol holster w/light (LH shooter)/1095016300942/G19.
5.O. Pistol holster tan (RH shooter)/1095016766956/M18.
5.P. Pistol holster tan (LH shooter)/1095016766823/M18.
5.Q. Pistol holster black (RH shooter)/1095016766761/M18.
5.R. Pistol holster black (LH shooter)/1095016766785/M18.
5.S. Holster Sleeve Tan X300 light (RH shooter)/PN: 7360MHH-7502-551-MS19.
5.T. Holster Sleeve Tan X300 light (LH shooter)/PN: 7360MHH-7502-552-MS19.
5.U. Holster Sleeve Black X300 light (RH shooter)/PN: 7360MHH-7502-411-MS19.
5.V. Holster Sleeve Black X300 light (LH shooter)/PN: 7360MHH-7502-412-MS19.
6. The following rifles are authorized for ART/ARQ: Item, Nomenclature/TAMCN (see Note 1):
6.A. Rifle, 5.56MM M16A4/E1442.
6.B. Carbine, 5.56MM M4/E0195.
6.C. Carbine, 5.56MM M4A1 Close Quarters Battle Weapon (CQBW)/E0190.
6.D. Rifle, 5.56MM M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle (IAR)/E0100.
6.E. Rifle, 5.56MM M38 Squad Designated Marksman Rifle (SDMR)/E0009.
7. The following optics are authorized for ART/ARQ (see Note 2): Item, Nomenclature/TAMCN:
7.A. AN/PVQ-31A RCO (A4)/E0017.
7.B. AN/PVQ-31B RCO (M4)/E0017.
7.C. M7 RCO (A4/M4/M27, horseshoe dot reticle pattern)/E0017.
7.D. M83 SQUAD COMMON OPTIC/E0114.
7.E. SU-230/PVS-C Specter DR, El Can Optic (CQBW)/1240015330939.
7.F. SFE16 SU-258/PVQ SDO/E0082.
7.G. AN/PEQ-15 ATPIAL/E1798.
7.H. AN/PEQ-16B MIPIM/E0058.
7.I. Sight, Bore, Optical/Leupold MKIV/1240015620953.
8. The following weapon attachments are authorized: Item, Nomenclature/TAMCN:
8.A. SU 277 Grenade Launcher Sight, M203A2 Grenade launcher/E0892.
8.B. M320A2 Launcher, Grenade/ E0892.
9. The following approved upper receiver groups (URG) are authorized for ART/ARQ: Item, Nomenclature/NSN, Part Number/TAMCN (see Note 3):
9.A. URG 10.3” barrel/109001D120980/SFE09.
9.B. URG 10.25” barrel/109001D120982/SFE09.
9.C. URG 14.5” barrel/109001D120984/SFE09.
9.D. URG 11” Recon Weapon Kit/NA/NA.
10. All collateral and using unit responsible items are authorized, in accordance with (IAW) the following SL-3 Extracts, for ART/ARQ; per Program Manager Infantry Weapons (PMIW), (see note 4 and 5):
10.A. 12305538300/SL-3-05538D/Rifle, 5.56mm, M16A4.
10.B. 12310012000/SL-3-10012A/Carbine, 5.56mm, M4.
10.C. 12310012100/SL-3-10012B/Carbine, 5.56mm, M4A1.
10.D. 12311810000/ SL-3-11810A/Rifle, 5.56mm, M27, IAR.
10.E. 12313029000/SL-3-13029A/Components List for Rifle, 5.56mm SDMR, M38.
10.F. 12307700100/ SL-3-07700B/Launcher, Grenade 40mm M230A2.
10.G. Special Operations Peculiar Modification buttstock assembly/1005015449825/M16A4, M4, M4A1.
10.H. Buttstock, Enhanced/NSN 1005015449825/M16A4, M4, M4A1.
10.I. Suppressor/1005014370324/M4A1, M27.
11. The following modifications are authorized to the approved weapon systems listed in paragraph (4.) and (6.), IAW the following Technical Instructions (TI) and Modification Instruction (MI):
11.A. TI 05538D/10012A/10012B-OI/1: Command Discretionary Additional Authorized Parts List for the M16/M4 Series.
11.B. TI 10012-20/1: Painting Procedures for the M16/M4 Series Weapons.
11.C. MI 11810A-IN/1: Buttstock Assembly Modification for M27 IAR.
11.D. TI 11810A/13029A-20/1: Painting Procedures for the Infantry Automatic Rifle, M27 and the Squad Designated Marksman Rifle, M38.
Note 1: Weapon only authorized as designated by using unit’s T/E.
Note 2: The combination of optic and weapon will be in accordance with technical manuals, SL-3 Extracts, and Modification Instructions as prescribed by PMIW.
Note 3: Items 9.A, 9.B, and 9.C are only authorized for Marine Special Operations Command. Item 9.D is only authorized for Marine Reconnaissance Units. Item 9.D is a prototype and not currently a program of record.
Note 4: Magazine, cartridge, with green and tan followers, 1005015617200 and 1005009215004 are the only tested, approved, and authorized aluminum magazines for use in the weapons indicated for both training and combat.
Note 5: The Vicker's Combat Application Sling has two NSNs associated with it. Both 1005016040627 and 1005016254470 are intended as the primary model. The 3-point combat sling 8465015248847 and Sling Small Arms 1005012164510, are authorized but will be removed from the Stock List and replaced by attrition.
12. In keeping with the “train as you fight” ethos, it is imperative that Marines know how to mount and arrange modular attachments properly and effectively. Improper mounting can lead to equipment loss. Improper arrangement can lead to a device interfering with another. Proper Pre-Combat Checks/Pre-Combat Inspections during training will ensure this does not become a combat liability.
13. The grip pod (NSN: 1005015411772) for the service rifle/carbine and the bipod (PN: IWNS-911/3A703) for the M27 IAR, are authorized to be attached to the weapon but the legs of the grip pod or bipod will not be used to support the weapon while firing Marine Corps Combat Marksmanship Program, Table 1/1A, but are authorized for use during ARQ.
14. WTBn Quantico will update this MARADMIN annually.
15. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
16. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Lewis A. Craparotta, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//