R 241833Z Feb 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/MARINE CORPS ANNUAL SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS AND PREVENTION MONTH POSTER CONTEST//
POC/R. FRANKLIN/CIV/UNIT:MFB/-/TEL:703-784-9049/EMAIL: ROBERT.FRANKLIN@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To announce the Marine Corps Annual Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) sponsored poster contest in recognition of Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month (SAAPM) in April 2021. The winning designs will receive special commendation/appreciation from the CMC.
2. Background. In April 2021, the Department of Defense will mark its 17th annual observance of SAAPM with the ongoing theme “Protecting Our People Protects Our Mission.” This theme emphasizes that every Service Member, regardless of rank, can encourage behaviors that foster a climate of dignity and respect, and in doing so, help ensure our readiness to complete the mission.
3. This poster contest is open to all Marines and attached Service Members. One winning design and up to three runners-up will be selected by Marine and Family Programs Division. The winning designs will receive the following awards:
3.A. A Certificate of Commendation and a Challenge Coin (top winner) or a Letter of Appreciation from the CMC (runners-up).
3.B. Designs featured in Marine Corps materials.
4. Sexual Assault Response Coordinators (SARCs) are encouraged to host local poster contests and organize local awards and recognition efforts for participation and top entrants in their area of responsibility. SARCs should then submit all designs from the local contests and release forms to Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) SAPR by 29 March 2021 to email@example.com. All directions and required forms are posted at https:(slash)(slash)usmc-mccs.org/articles/sexual-assault-awareness-and-prevention-month-annual-poster-contest/
5. If the local SARC is hosting a poster contest, interested Marines and attached Service Members should submit their posters directly to the SARC. If the local SARC is not hosting a poster contest, Marines and Service Members can submit their designs (with command endorsement) and release forms directly to HQMC SAPR by 29 March 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Required forms are posted on the website listed above.
6. Winners will be selected April 2021.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. This MARADMIN is cancelled 31 March 2022.
9. Release authorized by NAF-6 M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//