R 221930Z MAR 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/APRIL 2021 REGULAR CORPORAL AND SERGEANT PROMOTION AUTHORITY//
NARR/REF A, IS MARADMIN 055/16, CHANGE IN TIG AND SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION TO CPL AND CHANGE IN SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION TO SERGEANT. REF B, IS MARADMIN 612/19, ANNOUNCEMENT OF AUTHORITY FOR EARLY REENLISTMENT, DELEGATION OF REENLISTMENT APPROVAL AUTHORITY, AND CHANGES TO PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS POLICY. REF C, IS MCO P1400.32D, ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL. REF D, IS MARADMIN 521/14, UPDATED ENL PME PROM REQR'S BY GRADE AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF CMD-SPONSORED LCPL LEADERSHIP-ETHICS AND CAREER CRS SEMINAR. REF E, IS MARADMIN 249/20 FISCAL YEAR 2020 ACTIVE COMPONENT MANPOWER CROSS FY EXTENSIONS UPDATE. REF F, IS MCO 1616.1 JUNIOR ENLISTED PERFORMANCE EVALUATION SYSTEM (JEPES).//
POC/STEPHANIE J. MAXWELL/MAJ/HEAD/MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9718/EMAIL: STEPHANIE.MAXWELL@USMC.MIL//
POC/LINDSAY D. PERRY/GYSGT/ADMIN CHIEF/MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9718/EMAIL: LINDSAY.PERRY@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Commanders are reminded that all Professional Military Education (PME) for LCpls and Cpls must be entered in the Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) in a timely manner. Timely posting of PME will prevent delays in promotion of your Marines. For Marines whose PME completion has posted late, commands must conduct research and submit a remedial promotion request to MMPR-2, if applicable.
2. Use the MCTFS to view the active duty promotion parameters and the active duty cutting scores for the current promotion month. This may be done by typing "JEPA" from the MCTFS main menu and following the instructions at the bottom of the page. Cutting scores for the current month should be printed from the "JEPA" screen and attached with this MARADMIN to be used for future reference. Cutting scores are also available on the Enlisted Promotions Section web page.
3. Reference (a) provides information and guidance on the changes to time in grade (TIG) for promotion to Cpl. This change started with the April 2016 promotion quarter. Reference (b), paragraph 4 provides information and guidance on the changes to time in service (TIS) for promotion to Sgt. This change started with the January 2020 promotion quarter.
4. References (c) and (f) set forth guidance and instructions for effecting the monthly promotions of LCpls and Cpls of the regular Marine Corps who meet the following criteria:
4.a. SEL CPL ED: 20210401
4.b. SEL SGT ED: 20210401
4.c. DATE OF RANK: 20210401
4.d. EFFECTIVE DATE: 20210401
5. Commanders will ensure the following criteria are met:
5.a. Receipt of this MARADMIN as the official promotion authority.
5.b. Receipt of 1 April 2021 select grade generated on the unit diary feedback report.
5.c. Prior to being promoted, all Marines must be PME complete IAW reference (d).
6. In accordance with reference (e), first term Marines in any MOS that are approved for a cross-FY extension up to 12 months will not be eligible for promotion until reenlisted.
7. LCpls and Cpls who meet the cutting score, but are not PME complete and have not been ran as "NOT REC" will not be selected due to their PME flag in the MCTFS being "N".
8. Note that the purpose of the PME flag is to prevent erroneous select grades. It is to be used as a tool for the commands and is not intended to replace the "not rec" requirement.
9. For Marine enlisted promotion matters call commercial (703) 784-9717 or DSN 278-9717. E-mail inquiries may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. This MARADMIN will be posted to the Promotion Branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select "Active Marine", "Promotion Branch (MMPR)", then "Enlisted Promotions". From there, to find this MARADMIN: click on "Message Traffic", then "Noncommissioned Officer (NCO)".
10. Release authorized by BGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//