R 311930Z MAR 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FORCE FITNESS INSTRUCTOR (FFI) MARTIAL ARTS INSTRUCTOR TRAINER (MAIT) MARINE CORPS INSTRUCTOR OF WATER SURVIVAL (MCIWS) MARINE CORPS INSTRUCTOR TRAINER OF WATER SURVIVAL (MCITWS) IMMEDIATE BILLET VACANCIES//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY.//
POC/C. J. PETERSEN/MAJ/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472/EMAIL: CLARK.PETERSEN@USMC.MIL//
POC/T. J. HUSAR/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-784-9335/EMAIL: TYLER.J.HUSAR@USMC.MIL//
POC/B. M. HUND/GYSGT/SNCO ACADEMY MONITOR/TEL: 703-432-9475/EMAIL: BRANDON.HUND@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announces the immediate billet vacancies for FFI, MAIT, MCIWS and MCITWS instructor duties, and solicits applications from qualified Marines.
2. Based on the recent review of Marine Corps billets that require an FFI, MAIT, MCIWS, and MCITWS, Headquarters Marine Corps will accept applications from qualified Marines.
2.a. FFI, MAIT, MCIWS, and MCITWS vacancies exist for the following billets:
FFI Quantico, VA
MAIT Quantico, VA
MAIT Norfolk, VA
MCIWS Miramar, CA
MCIWS Kaneohe Bay, HI
MCITWS Coronado, CA
MCITWS Quantico, VA
MCITWS Pensacola, FL
MCIWS Camp Lejeune, NC
2.b. The Marine’s order of preference contained in the application will be considered by the board; however, a Marine must be willing to accept assignment to any billet listed in this MARADMIN.
3. Tour Length. The normal tour length for FFI, MAIT, MCIWS, MCITWS Instructor billets is 36 months in accordance with reference (a).
4. Eligibility requirements. Marines applying for FFI, MAIT, MCIWS, and MCITWS billets must meet and comply with the following criteria:
4.a. Sergeants through Gunnery Sergeants are eligible for FFI, MAIT, MCIWS, and MCITWS Instructor billets.
4.b. Bachelors or Associates degree, previous instructor experience, or previous completion of instructor courses are preferred, but not required.
4.c. Marines must meet height and weight standards or be within body fat percentage limits.
4.d. Marines must conduct an interview with the director of the nearest location of the duty they are applying for prior to application submission. If Marines are not located within the local area of one of the billet locations, the interview can be conducted remotely at the discretion of the associated schoolhouse director.
5. Applications with attachments must be submitted electronically using the Special Duty Assignment request in the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) to CMC (MMEA-25) via the normal Reenlistment Extension Lateral Move (RELM) routing chain. Unit Career Planners have access to the TFRS program. The enclosures to the RELM will contain the following:
5.a. Applications must include NAVMC 11713 (Commanding Officer’s Screening/Interview Guide Formal School Instructor Duty) with Commanding Officer endorsement and the Marine Corps Physical Fitness Program Staff Screening Checklist. The screening/interview guide is available at: https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/webcenter/portal/SDA/MMEA-25.
5.b. The Marine Corps Physical Fitness Program Staff Screening Checklist is available at www.fitness.marines.mil
6. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
7. Release authorized by BGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//