R 061720Z APR 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/NATIONAL CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION MONTH//
POC/J. GRANT-RAMBERGER/CIV/UNIT: MFCP-2/-/TEL: 571-762-2020//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The month of April is nationally recognized as Child Abuse Prevention Month (CAPM). The Department of Defense theme for 2021 is “All In to End Child Abuse.” Keeping our children safe is a military priority.
2. The Marine Corps community shows support for CAPM by participating in local installation events and activities during the month of April. These events are critical opportunities to raise awareness, promote service availability, and provide community education. Leadership support of these events is instrumental in making it clear, by word and deed, that child abuse is not tolerated in the Marine Corps.
3. Every caring adult can play a role in supporting military children. Regardless of your role, you can have a positive impact on the children around you. Be supportive and provide proper supervision. It is the responsibility of the entire military community to keep children healthy, safe, and protected.
4. Support parents by listening and offering kind words. Encourage them to access resources to build their parenting skills and take care of themselves. Know your local resources and make referrals.
5. Take steps to strengthen your own family. Services are available to enhance your knowledge of parenting and child development, connect you with other parents, and provide support before a crisis occurs.
6. Reporting suspected child abuse is a mandate and the right thing to do. If you have concerns about a child’s safety, contact law enforcement, the local Family Advocacy Program (FAP) office, Child Protective Services, or the National Child Abuse Hotline at 800-422-4453. Help is also available at Military OneSource at WWW.MILITARYONESOURCE.COM or 800-342-9647.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force and will expire one year from the date published.
8. Release authorized by NAF-6 M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine & Family Programs Division.//