R 061730Z APR 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2021 VIRTUAL ASSOCIATION OF NAVAL SERVICES OFFICERS SYMPOSIUM//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. QUINONES/SGT/CMC (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: ANTHONY.QUINONES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The 2021 Association of Naval Services Officers (ANSO) Symposium will be conducted virtually on 5 May 2021. The Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) of Manpower and Reserve Affairs will sponsor 100 conference registration fees for this event. Conference attendance is open to all Marines, Sailors, and civilians regardless of rank.
2. The ANSO Symposium is an event that supports the Sea Service Chiefs’ efforts in Hispanic workforce recruitment and retention. ANSO fosters the personal growth and professional development of officers and enlisted personnel. They provide mentorship, networking, training, and educational opportunities while engaging the Hispanic community through outreach initiatives. The ANSO is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps. More information can be found on their website at https:(slash)(slash)www.ansomil.org.
3. Subject to conference approval, Commanders may authorize Permissive Temporary Additional Duty for Marines and Sailors attached to their unit to allow virtual participation in an environment without distractions. Commanders/Supervisors may also approve civilian Marine participation in an environment without distractions. All Marine Corps registration fees must be coordinated through the MPE Branch. Reservations will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
4. Requests to participate in this event should be emailed to Marc Sheppard (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sergeant Anthony Quinones (email@example.com) via your Officer-in-Charge and include the following information: name, rank, unit, email, and duty station.
5. Uniform of the day for this event is Service “C” for Marines, service equivalent for Sailors, and Business Casual for civilians broadcasting images or video in the course of their participation.
6. ANSO is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by BGen J. G. Woodworth, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//