R 072031Z APR 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/PUBLICATION OF MARINE CORPS BULLETIN 5210, MARINE CORPS TRANSITION TO ELECTRONIC RECORDS MANAGEMENT (ERM)//
NARR/REF A IS MARINE CORPS BULLETIN 5210. REF B IS OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET MEMORANDUM (OMB) M-19-21. REF C IS OMB GOVERNMENT REFORM PLAN, PROCESSES DELIVERING GOV SOLUTIONS IN THE 21ST CENTURY//
POC/D.J. SPENNER/CIV/HQMC ARDB/TEL: (703)614-1081/EMAIL: SMB_HQMC_RMOUTREACH@USMC.MIL OR HQMCREC-MGR@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This MARADMIN announces the publication of Marine Corps Bulletin (MCBul) 5210, Marine Corps Transition to Electronic Records Management (ERM).
2. Background. References B and C require the Federal government to transition to a fully electronic government to improve agencies’ efficiency, effectiveness, and responsiveness to citizens by converting paper-based processes to electronic workflows, expanding online services, and enhancing management of Government records, data, and information.
3. Reference A was published on 5 March 2021. This bulletin outlines a series of policy and programmatic changes to the Marine Corps Records Management (RM) program in support of achieving a fully ERM-compliant Marine Corps.
4. Reference A may be accessed online via the Marine Corps Publications Electronic Library at https:(slash)(slash)www.marines.mil/News/Publications/MCPEL/Electronic-Library-Display/Article/2529982/mcbul-5210-dtd-5mar21/.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. Release authorized by Major General Gregg P. Olson, Staff Director of the Marine Corps.//