R 272045Z APR 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2021 VIRTUAL FEDERAL ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN COUNCIL NATIONAL LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/MRA (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN: 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. QUINONES/SGT/MRA (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN: 278/EMAIL: ANTHONY.QUINONES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The 2021 Federal Asian Pacific American Council (FAPAC) National Leadership Training Program conference will be conducted virtually from 25-27 May 2021. The Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) of Manpower and Reserve Affairs will sponsor 25 conference registration fees for this event. Conference attendance is open to all Marines, Sailors, and civilians.
2. The Federal Asian Pacific American Council (FAPAC) National Leadership Training Program is a nationally recognized organization that serves as a conduit through which the interests, issues, and representation of Asian Pacific Americans in the Federal, State, County, City and District of Columbia governments are addressed. It also promotes opportunities to the public and private sectors in the community it serves to participate in the virtual exhibition. More information can be found on their website at www.fapac.org.
3. Commanders may authorize Permissive Temporary Additional Duty for Marines and Sailors attached to their unit to allow virtual participation in an environment without distractions. Commanders/Supervisors may also approve civilian Marine participation in an environment without distractions. All Marine Corps registration fees must be coordinated through the MPE Branch. Reservations will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
4. Requests to participate in this event should be emailed to Marc Sheppard (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sergeant Anthony Quinones (email@example.com) via your Officer-in-Charge and include the following information: name, rank, unit, email, and duty station.
5. The uniform of the day for the event is Service “C” for any attendee broadcasting images or video in the course of their participation.
6. FAPAC is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by BGen J. G. Woodworth, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//