R 101905Z MAY 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC CDI WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) FY21 STUDIES REVIEW BOARD #1 AND THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR FY21 STUDIES REVIEW BOARD #2//
REF/A/MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/R 291555Z OCT 20//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/-/25SEP08//
NARR/REF A ANNOUNCED RESULTS OF THE MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) FY20 STUDIES REVIEW BOARD #3 AND THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR FY21 STUDIES REVIEW BOARD #1. REF B IS MCO 3902.1D, MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS)//
POC/TIM LINDSHIELD/MAJOR/OAD/-/TEL: 703-432-8343/EMAIL: TIMOTHY.D.LINDSHIELD@USMC.MIL//
POC/LISA R.WATTS/GS13/OAD/-/TEL: 703-784-8189/EMAIL: LISA.WATTS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per reference (A), this message announces the results of the FY21 Studies Review Board #1 and announces the FY21 Studies Review Board #2 Call for Studies.
2. Approved studies are categorized as Tier I or Tier II. Tier I nominations are those considered appropriate and meet the criteria provided in reference (A). These study nominations will be commenced as soon as possible. Tier II nominations are those found to be appropriate, but either cannot be executed with available resources and/or require further development (e.g., refinement of study scope).
3. The following study nominations are Tier I (sponsor in parentheses).
3.A. Littoral Explosive Ordnance Neutralization Support for the MLR in the Expeditionary Advanced Base Operations (DC, CD&I)
3.B. Mission Engineering Thread Support Cycle 1 (DC, CD&I)
3.C. Future Afloat Munitions Requirements (DC, CD&I)
3.D. C5ISRT Interoperability (DC, CD&I)
3.E. Technology and Threat Impacts on Kinetic Fires Effects in Future Conflicts Based on EABO (DC CD&I)
3.F. Logistics Command and Control (DC, I&L)
3.G. Study on the Feasibility of Personnel In-Stride Replacements (DC, M&RA)
3.H. The Basic School, Military Occupational Specialty Assignment Study (DC, M&RA)
3.I. Level-Load Shipping (DC, M&RA)
4. The following studies are Tier II:
4.A. End Strength and Table of Organization (DC, M&RA)
4.B. HQMC Casualty Assistance Section Augmentation Requirements in Response to a Major Regional Conflict (DC, M&RA)
4.C. Marine Corps Lethality in a Defense Acquisition Model (CG, MARCORSYSCOM)
4.D. Threshold Staffing to Achieve Equipment Readiness with the Maintenance Capacity Model (DC, AVN)
5. The Operations Analysis Directorate (OAD) government study lead appointed to oversee each accepted study will contact the agency POC as provided in the study nomination to prepare for study execution. Those study nominations not listed above were declined for execution. POCs for declined study nominations will be contacted via email. For all questions regarding the study nomination process email: OAD_studies@usmc.mil.
6. This message also announces the MCSS Call for Studies for the FY21 Studies Review Board #2 and solicits nominations for relevant and impactful studies. The nomination period is the date this message is published through 21 July 2021. The deadline for submitting a nomination is 21 July 2021. Nominations received after the deadline will not be considered until after the Studies Review Board. If any Department submits multiple study nominations, each nomination must be ranked to indicate the priorities of the Department. Each study must be sponsored by a senior official (Colonel or GS-15, or above). Studies may be cosponsored by different commands or organizations, as appropriate.
6.A. Nominations may be submitted at any time; however, studies that are not an immediate priority may be held to the next Studies Review Board.
6.B. Study nominations related to direction and guidance contained in the 38th Commandant’s Planning Guidance and the Force Design 2030 will be given precedence over all others. Specifically, priority will be given to study nominations in the areas of force design, warfighting, education and training, Expeditionary Advanced Base Operations, naval integration, manned-unmanned teams, integrated air and missile defense, anti-surface warfare, Marine Littoral Regiment, pre-positioning, logistics in the Fleet Marine Force, C5ISRT, Counter C5ISRT, command and leadership, talent management, and core values.
6.C. Study nominations are to be submitted digitally at the OAD IntelShare portal: https:(slash)(slash)intelshare.intelink.gov/sites/OAD/SitePages/Submit Study Nomination.aspx. If you do not have an Intelink account, you can create one at the Intelink homepage: https:(slash)(slash)intelink.gov. For technical difficulties related to the portal, please email: OAD_Studies@usmc.mil.
7. Assistance and consultation in shaping study nominations is available from OAD_Studies@usmc.mil. To obtain additional information regarding OAD study nomination submissions, please visit https:(slash)(slash)www.mccdc.marines.mil/Units/OAD/Marine-Corps-Study-System.aspx.
8. Questions regarding the MCSS process may be directed to OAD email: OAD_Studies@usmc.mil.
9. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Eric M. Smith, Deputy Commandant for Combat Development and Integration.//