R 122040Z MAY 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/ACADEMIC YEAR 2022 CLASS DATES FOR THE ENLISTED COLLEGE DISTANCE EDUCATION SEMINAR PROGRAMS//
REF/A/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/14 JUN 12//
REF/B/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/162200ZOCT14//
REF/C/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/191450ZDEC16//
REF/D/DOC/HEADQUARTERS MARINE CORPS/NOV15//
NARR/REF A, MCO P1400.32D, IS THE ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL. REF B, MARADMIN 521-14, UPDATED THE PME PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS FOR ENLISTED MARINES. REF C, MARADMIN 663-16, IDENTIFIED EXEMPTIONS TO ENLISTED PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION POLICY FOR MARINES SERVING ON SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS. REF D, NAVMC 11580, IS THE STANDARD COMMAND SCREENING CHECKLIST.//
POC/T.J. DEVLIN/COLLEGE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION AND TRAINING, MCU/LOC: QUANTICO/TEL: (703) 432-5684/EMAIL: TIMOTHY.DEVLIN@USMCU.EDU.//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces a change to the Academic Year (AY) for the College of Distance Education and Training (CDET) Enlisted College Distance Education Program (ECDEP) and announces the 2022 class dates for the ECDEP seminar programs: Sergeants School Seminar Program (SSSP), Career School Seminar Program (CSSP), and the Advanced School Seminar Program (ASSP).
2. For purposes of promotion and assignment, completion of a seminar program is equivalent to completion of the associated school at a Staff Noncommissioned Officer Academy.
3. The seminars are executed through the CDET regional campuses. Class dates for all seminar programs across all regions will run concurrently. The CDET ECDEP AY22 will run from July 2021 through June 2022. Marine Corps University announces the AY22 class dates for the CDET seminar programs:
Class Registration Deadline Beginning Week Ending Week
1-22 18 June 2021 5 July 2021 15 October 2021
2-22 15 October 2021 1 November 2021 25 February 2022
3-22 25 February 2022 14 March 2022 24 June 2022
4. School prerequisites include: nominees must meet the Marine Corps Body Composition Program standards, have completed the associated prerequisite distance education program (DEP) on MarineNet (EPME5000 Sergeants School) DEP for SSSP, (EPME6000 Career School) DEP for CSSP, and (EPME7000 Advanced School) DEP for ASSP, and be endorsed by their Commanding Officer via the command screening checklist, reference (d).
5. Seminar Registration
5.A. Seminar registration is migrating to MarineNet.
5.A.1. Individual Marines or their units can request enrollment in any of the seminar programs at https:(slash)(slash)www.marinenet.usmc.mil.
5.A.2. A completed NAVMC 11580 Command Screening Checklist endorsed by the unit’s commander will be uploaded to MarineNet as part of the enrollment process.
5.A.3. Training videos explaining the enrollment process via MarineNet can be viewed at https:(slash)(slash)www.portal.marinenet.usmc.mil/content/mnet-portal/en/help/help-topics/courses-curricula.html, and additional enrollment and/or program guidance can be found on the CDET homepage at https:(slash)(slash)www.usmcu.edu/CDET/enlisted/#cdet_enrollment.
5.A.4. As we transition to the new registration process during AY22, regions will continue to accept registration packages via email. Marines can forward their registration packages, including a completed NAVMC 11580 Command Screening Checklist, to the appropriate CDET regional point of contact listed in paragraph
5.B. For enrollment in the upcoming class.
5.B.1. The registration deadline is 14 days prior to the convening week.
5.C. Regional contact information for seminars are:
5.C.1. Camp Lejeune Region: All seminars, (910) 451-2149, CDET_CampLejeune.RC@usmc.mil.
5.C.2. Camp Pendleton Region: ASSP, (760) 763-8425, CDET_CampPendleton@usmc.mil. SSSP and CSSP, (760) 763-8425, CDET_CampPendleton@usmc.mil
5.C.3. Fort Worth Region: All seminars, (817) 782-1204, CDET_FortWorth@usmc.mil.
5.C.4. Hawaii Region: All seminars, (808) 257-3963, CDET_Hawaii@usmc.mil.
5.C.5. Miramar Region: SSSP, (858) 577-6694, CDET_Miramar@usmc.mil. CSSP and ASSP,(619) 524-1710, CDET_Miramar@usmc.mil.
5.C.6. Okinawa Region: All seminars, DSN (315) 645-2500, CDET_Okinawa@usmc.mil.
5.C.7. Pensacola Region: All seminars, (910) 478-7372, CDET_Pensacola@usmc.mil.
5.C.8. Quantico Region: All seminars, (703) 432-6520, MCU_CDET_Quantico@usmcu.edu.
5.C.9. OCONUS Stationed Students: All seminars (online only), for Marines stationed (not deployed) in an OCONUS location, (703) 784-2410, firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.D. As CDET is currently enforcing social distancing and reduced onsite manning, email is the preferred method of communication.
6. CDET and the Enlisted College recognize the value of attendance of the seminar programs by sister service members. The different perspectives and experiences of these students are an invaluable addition to the education of the force. To this end, a limited number of seats are typically available for sister service members within each region, for each cycle of the seminar programs. Nominees must be within their services height/weight standards and have completed the associated prerequisite DEP on MarineNet. This is accomplished by creating a MarineNet account at https:(slash)(slash)www.marinenet.usmc.mil/MarineNet/EditPro?le.aspx. Questions regarding availability, or assistance with the distance education requirement, should be directed to the appropriate regional POC.
7. Amplifying Instructions
7.A. Temporary Additional Duties is not authorized for these seminar programs.
7.B. All students require access to a personal computer with audio and video capability and the internet while participating in a seminar program.
7.C. Sergeants attending the SSSP will be required to read the book You Are Worth It: Building a Life Worth Fighting For. Sergeants are required to purchase, or otherwise acquire through the base or local library, this book for the duration of the seminar.
7.D. All reading requirements for the CSSP are provided: Staff Sergeants attending the CSSP are not directed to acquire any outside reading material for the seminar.
7.E. Gunnery Sergeants scheduled to attend the ASSP will be required to read the book Black Hearts: One Platoons Descent into Madness in Iraq’s Triangle of Death. Gunnery sergeants are required to purchase, or otherwise acquire through the base or local library, this book for the duration of the seminar.
8. Released authorized by Lieutenant General Lewis A. Craparotta, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//