R 101719Z JUN 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/UNMANNED AERIAL SYSTEMS CONVERSION TO MQ-9 OBLIGATED SERVICE REQUIREMENTS//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC MP/09OCT20//
NARR/REF (A) IS MARADMIN 599/20, UPDATE TO MOS 7315 AND CREATION OF 7318 PMOS. REF (B) IS NAVMC 1200.1F, MOS MANUAL//
POC/MPP-10, COMM: (703) 432-9223, DSN 278-9223//
POC/AWS-UAS, COMM: (703) 693-0952, DSN 223-0952//
POC/MMOA-2, COMM: (703) 784-9267, DSN 278-9267//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN defines obligated service requirements for Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Marines holding the 7314 or 7315 PMOS who are transitioning to the MQ-9.
2. UAS Operators (MOS 7314) shall have or gain a minimum of twenty-four months of obligated service upon completion of MQ-9 Enlisted Course Initial Qualification Training (IQT). UAS Operators are required to meet the obligation requirements prior to reporting to the MQ-9 Enlisted Sensor Operator course to obtain the 8022 MQ-9 Sensor Operator Necessary MOS.
3. UAS MAGTF Electronic Warfare Officers (MOS 7315) will incur a thirty-six month Active Duty Service Obligation (ADSO) upon completion of the applicable MQ-9 IQT course to obtain the 7318 VMU MQ-9 Officer PMOS.
3.a. The ADSO will run concurrently with any existing obligations (e.g., initial service contract, PCS, WTI).
3.b. For all conversions, a new active duty service contract (ADSC) shall be initiated with MMOA-2. The ADSC will contain the thirty-six month ADSO or maintain the initial obligation from 7315 designation, whichever is greater.
4. The requirements in paragraphs 2 and 3 apply only to individuals who start the MQ-9 IQT course after the release of this MARADMIN.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Total Force.
6. Release authorized by BGen J. G. Woodworth, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy.//