R 132330Z JUL 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA//
SUBJ/JEPES MOS COURSES AND QUALIFICATIONS INITIATIVE//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMRP-33/25NOV2020//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO 1616.1, JUNIOR ENLISTED PERFORMANCE EVALUATION SYSTEM (JEPES).//
POC/AARON E. MILROY/MAJ/MMRP-33/-/TEL: DSN 278-0416/EMAIL: AARON.MILROY@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This Marine Administrative Message (MARADMIN) outlines the plan to incorporate MOS Courses and Qualifications into the JEPES Score. This will objectively incentivize and reward Marines for MOS Proficiency making a more lethal force.
2. This will begin as a “pilot” program for the following selected aviation maintenance MOSs that are capable of earning Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI), Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative (CDQAR), and Quality Assurance Safety Observer (QASO) qualifications: 6048, 6062, 6073, 6074, 6092, 6113, 6114, 6116, 6123, 6124, 6132, 6153, 6154, 6156, 6173, 6174, 6176, 6212, 6216, 6217, 6218, 6222, 6223, 6227, 6252, 6256, 6257, 6258, 6276, 6282, 6286, 6287, 6288, 6314, 6316, 6317, 6323, 6324, 6326, 6332, 6336, 6337, 6338, 6423, 6432, 6469, 6483, 6492, 6499, 6531, and 6541.
3. NET 29 July 2021, the Mental Agility Pillar for all Marines will be adjusted to include MOS Courses and Qualifications. The weighting will be adjusted as follows: MOS Courses and Qualifications (100 points or 50%), MARINENET (40 points or 20%), Degrees (20 points or 10%), Self-Education In-Grade (20 points of 10%), Self-Education In-Service (20 Points or 10%).
4. NET 29 July 2021, select aviation MOSs will receive points added to their Mental Agility composite for earning CDI, CDQAR, and QASO qualifications. The following combinations are possible: CDI=30 points, CDQAR=40 points, QASO=40 points, CDI and QASO=70 points, CDQAR and QASO=80 points.
5. All other MOSs will begin to receive points for MOS Courses and Qualifications once their occupational field has codified a list of courses and qualifications and they are coded into JEPES in a phased approach over the next year. The fleet will be notified by HQMC via MARADMIN when other MOSs are added to the initiative.
6. Marines may see a change to their total PES score due to the change in the weighting of Mental Agility, as the values for the following are adjusted: Degrees (Associates=10 points, Bachelors=20 Points, Maximum=20 points), Self-Education In Grade (5 points per course, Maximum=20 points), Self-Education In Service (5 points per course, Maximum=20 points).
7. Any questions regarding this matter can be referred to HQMC.JEPES@usmc.mil.
8. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
9. Release authorized by BGen M. J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Director.//