R 141806Z JUL 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/CLARIFICATION ON THE REQUIREMENT FOR OFFICIAL PHOTOS//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 052/19, OFFICIAL MILITARY PERSONNEL FILE (OMPF) PHOTOGRAPH GUIDANCE. REF B IS MARADMIN 491/20, REMOVAL OF PHOTOGRAPHS FROM CONSIDERATION BY PROMOTION BOARDS AND SELECTION PROCESS.//
POC/KRISTIN E. HANNA/MAJ/MMPR-1/-/TEL: DSN 278-9705/EMAIL: KRISTIN.E.HANNA@USMC.MIL//
POC/STEPHANIE J. MAXWELL/MAJ/MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9711/EMAIL: STEPHANIE.MAXWELL@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This Marine Administrative Message (MARADMIN) announces clarification to the photo policies outlined by references (a) and (b). The guidance provided within the references has not changed and reflects current Marine Corps requirements.
2. In accordance with reference (a), Marines shall have a photograph taken annually (every 365 days) for placement into the Marine's Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).
3. In accordance with reference (b), effective 1 September 2020, photographs are not authorized information for promotion boards and selection processes pertaining to assignment, training, education, and command. HQMC (CMC) will continue to ensure OMPF photographs are not considered by promotion boards and selection processes.
4. All Marines continue to be authorized to have photos taken by COMCAM sections or DOD photographic units. Paragraphs 3, 4, and 5 of reference (a) remain applicable and detail OMPF photograph specifications and submission requirements.
5. Marines continue to be required to have an official photo in their OMPF.
6. Release authorized by LtGen David A. Ottignon, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//