R 221342Z JUL 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC PPO PS//
SUBJ/UPDATED REAL-ID GUIDANCE FOR SITE PERIMETER ACCESS CONTROL//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS MCO 5530.13, MARINE CORPS SITE PERIMETER ACCESS CONTROL//
POC/MR. TONY PIERCE/CIV/UNIT: PPO PS/EMAIL: CHARLES.A.PIERCE1@USMC.MIL/TEL: (703) 695-7202//
POC/MICHAEL TOOPS/GYSGT/UNIT: PPO PS/EMAIL: MICHAEL.TOOPS@USMC.MIL/ TEL: (703)692-4272//
POC/JAMES DOLLARD/CTR/UNIT: PPO PS/EMAIL: JAMES.DOLLARD.CTR@USMC.MIL/ TEL: (703)692-4333//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN provides an update to reference (a).
2. Background. Reference (a) defines source identity documents required to gain access to Marine Corps sites. The REAL-ID compliant driver’s license or identification card is identified as an acceptable document. The Department of Homeland Security has extended the REAL-ID full endorsement date to May 3, 2023. The endorsement of the term allows the use of REAL-ID compliant and non REAL-ID compliant driver’s licenses and identification cards for identity purposes to access to federal facilities, including military installations, until May 3, 2023.
3.A. Marine Corps sites may continue to accept, for access control purposes, a State (including DC and United States territories) issued driver's license or non-driver's license Identification Cards card regardless of the presence of the "REAL ID star".
3.B. Any driver’s license or identification card that bears a marking of "Not Valid for Federal Purposes", "Federal Limits May Apply", "Not For Official Use", or other similar markings may not be used for access.
4. Execution. Commanders will ensure widest dissemination.
5. Administration and Logistics. The remaining requirements of reference (a) remain in effect.
5.A. This MARADMIN applies to state driver license and identification cards only and does not apply to any other approved federal credentials.
5.B. Direct questions regarding this MARADMIN to the points of contact.
5.C. Further DHS REAL-ID guidance is available at www.dhs.gov/real-id.
6. Command and Control. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Total Force.
7. Release authorized by SES Randy R. Smith, Assistant Deputy Commandant, Plans, Policies and Operations (Security).//