R 232340Z JUL 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2023 LIMITED DUTY OFFICER (LDO) PROGRAM//
REF/B/DOC/TITLE 10 U.S.C.//
REF/D/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/28JAN19//
REF/E/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/14JUL21//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1040.42B, LIMITED DUTY OFFICER (LDO) AND WARRANT OFFICER (WO) PROGRAMS, WHICH PROVIDES ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDANCE IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE LDO AND WO PROGRAMS. REF B IS TITLE 10, UNITED STATES CODE (U.S.C.), WHICH GOVERNS THE APPOINTMENT, PROMOTION, AND INVOLUNTARY SEPARATION AND RETIREMENT FOR MEMBERS ON THE WARRANT OFFICER ACTIVE DUTY LIST. REF C IS THE MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY MANUAL WHICH PROVIDES LDO MOS REQUIREMENTS. REF D IS MARADMIN 052/19, OFFICIAL MILITARY PERSONNEL FILE (OMPF) PHOTOGRAPH GUIDANCE. REF E IS MARADMIN 369/21, CLARIFICATION ON THE REQUIREMENT FOR OFFICIAL PHOTOS.//
POC/P. M. KIRK/MAJ/MMOA3/-/TEL: DSN 278-9284/EMAIL: SMBMANPOWEROFFICERPR@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the FY23 Chief Warrant Officer (CWO) to Limited Duty Officer (LDO) Selection Board and solicitation for applications.
2. On or about 14 September 2021, a selection board will convene at HQMC for approximately 3 days to select qualified CWOs for appointment as LDOs. References (a) and (b) provide governing policies and instructions for application, eligibility, and selection procedures for the subject board.
3. Reference (a) requires applicants to have completed 8 years of restricted officer service in order to apply for the LDO program. For the execution of this board, the 8 years of restricted office service may be requested to be waived to a minimum of 5 years based upon an ending calculation date of 1 March 2022. Additionally, the requirement for no more than 20 years of active naval service may be requested to be waived up to 22 years, but only for those CWOs who have not previously had an opportunity to apply for the program. Applicants shall compute active naval service from the start date of their Armed Forces Active Duty Base Date (AFADBD) to the ending date of 1 March 2022. No additional waivers of minimum restricted officer service, or maximum total service, will be considered.
4. Officers who have twice failed selection for promotion to the next higher CWO grade are not eligible for consideration. This requirement will not be waived. Waivers for other eligibility criteria contained in reference (a) shall not be considered.
5. CMC (MPP-35) has provided MOSs to be considered by the board. MOS categories identified as closed will not be considered during this board and applications received for closed MOSs shall be returned with no action taken. MOS categories to be considered are: 0430, 0605, 1705, 2305, 2340, 2802, 3102, 3302, 5902, 6004, 6302, 6502, and 6802. Applicants must meet all requirements for the LDO MOS being requested as detailed within reference (c).
6. Officers selected to the LDO program shall incur a 3 year service obligation upon acceptance of their appointment to the rank of captain (O3E).
7.a. Applications shall be submitted via NAVMC 10274 (Administrative Action Form) by email to email@example.com. Address the NAVMC 10274 to: “President, FY23 Chief Warrant Officer to Limited Duty Officer Selection Board”.
7.b. Applications shall be reviewed, routed, and endorsed through the O-6 level in the applicants chain of command to ensure that only fully qualified applicants are recommended for consideration.
7.c. Applications must reach the CMC (MMOA-3) via email NLT 8 September 2021. Applications shall be sent in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.d. An example application is available on the MMOA-3, Manpower Management, Manpower Reserve Affairs website at https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil.
7.e. Applicants should conduct a thorough OMPF review to ensure the accuracy of their electronic record and Master Brief Sheet.
7.f. In accordance with reference (a), chapter 3, paragraph 6, officers may apply for appointment in no more than two MOSs for which they are qualified. Officers will rank their MOSs in order of preference on their NAVMC 10274.
7.g. Applicants are not required to submit page 11, page 12, page 13, or any other documentation that is in their OMPF. Board members will have access to the applicants OMPF during the board.
7.h. Per references (d) and (e), board members will not be able to view the official photographs of applicants during the board process.
8. Correspondence forwarded after the deadline shall include full name, rank, unit, EDIPI, and shall be addressed to: “President, FY23 CWO to LDO Selection Board”. Correspondence received after the deadline will only be accepted with the approval of the board president. Send late correspondence electronically to: email@example.com.
9. Commanders are directed to disseminate this announcement to all eligible Marines within their command. Applicants who do not meet eligibility criteria or whose applications are not submitted in accordance with these instructions and references (a) and (b) shall not be presented to the board for consideration and will be returned with no action taken.
10. Release authorized by Brigadier General M. J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//