R 261223Z JUL 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC CD WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/2021 COMMANDERS’ MEDIA TRAINING SYMPOSIUM//
POC/D. J. GLOVER/1STLT/HQMC CD/TEL: 212-371-2937/EMAIL: DEMOND.GLOVER@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Communication Directorate New York (CDNY) will host the annual Commanders' Media Training Symposium in New York, NY from 13-16 September 2021.
2. This symposium will empower commanders with critical skills necessary to understand the demands of the modern media environment by providing access to some of the world's most reputable news organizations and emerging media corporations. This symposium will offer board-selected commanding officers unprecedented access to media professionals, industry-standard practices taught by leading professionals, and one-on-one interview training with nationally recognized members of the media. Participants will be provided insight into the latest institutional communication strategy and information initiatives from Marine Corps communication and information-related professionals. Commanders will emerge from the symposium with an enhanced understanding of the global media environment and how it impacts the Marine Corps.
3. Participant Audience. Current O-5, O-6 commanders or those selected for command; Executive Officers may attend in the absence of the commander. Commanders are highly encouraged to bring their command’s Communication Strategy (CommStrat) Officers.
4. Registration. Nominees must submit registration requests NLT 06 August 2021 via e-mail to email@example.com. Provide full name, grade, MOS, current military address, work phone, mobile phone, e-mail address, present command assignment, and estimated rotation date. Should the number of requests exceed capacity, they will be prioritized based on the date command was assumed. Communication Directorate will notify those approved NLT 20 August 2021.
5. Funding. All travel costs will be funded by the participant's parent command. Government Travel Charge Cards must be used for official travel. No disbursing or transportation assistance is available on site. Rental vehicles are highly discouraged due to lack of parking and traffic conditions. Public transportation is the recommended form of transportation in NYC.
6. Uniform. The uniform of the day is Dress Blue “D” for all symposium activities.
7. Billeting. Individual travelers are responsible for billeting arrangements in Manhattan. POC in paragraph (10) will provide recommended billeting arrangements upon selection.
8. Training. Training begins promptly at 0900 on 13 September 2021 and will conclude no later than 1700 on 16 September 2021. The training location will be provided upon selection.
9. Symposium Material. Read-ahead content, itinerary, Letter of Instruction, and other coordinating information will be distributed via e-mail to all attendees. Participants are highly encouraged to familiarize themselves with all content and discuss with their unit CommStrat Officer prior to arrival.
10. Point of contact is 1stLt Demond Glover at 212-371-2937 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Release authorized by Brigadier General George Rowell IV, Director of Communication.//