R 102230Z AUG 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ: CHANGE 1 TO REINFORCING GUIDANCE FOR MARINES REGARDING TRANSPORTATION, PETS, HOUSING, AND QUARANTINE-LEVEL-RESTRICTION OF MOVEMENT (ROM) ASSOCIATED WITH PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION MOVES TO JAPAN//
REF/B/DOC/DOD FOREIGN CLEARANCE GUIDE DATED 23 DEC 2020//
REF/C/MSGID/INDOPACOM/270209Z APR 21//
NARR/REF A IS TRAVEL AND TRANSPORTATION GUDIANCE FOR MARINES EXECUTING PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION TRAVEL TO JAPAN. REF B IS THE DOD FOREIGN CLEARANCE GUIDE. REF C IS THEATER TRAVEL GUIDANCE FROM INDOPACOM//
POC/MARK A. EDWARDS/CIV/LPD/ TEL: (703) 695-7765/EMAIL: MARK.A.EDWARDS5@USMC.MIL//
POC/MICHAEL H. FRANKS/CWO5/M&RA/ TEL: (703) 432-9314/EMAIL: MICHAEL.FRANKS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/ REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN was coordinated with CMC M&RA and announces changes to reference (a). All other direction in reference (a) remains in effect.
2. IAW reference (b), all Marine travelers (e.g., Marines, Civilians, Dependents and Contractors) returning to Japan from leave or TAD, and all Marine travelers executing official orders to Japan with an approved area clearance who are fully vaccinated, or who have fully recovered from a laboratory-confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 infection within the previous 90 days, do not require a negative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test prior to departure for Japan unless required by their respective airlines. Fully vaccinated travelers are those individuals who are 14 days post-completion of COVID-19 vaccination with an FDA-authorized vaccine and meet all the CDC criteria for the specific vaccine administered. Such individuals must maintain proof of vaccination and be prepared to show said proof prior to boarding the aircraft.
3. Travelers recovered from COVID-19 infection must receive clearance from a health care provider or public health official and maintain a copy of the clearance letter in their possession during travel.
4. IAW references (b) and (c), for official travel worldwide, except for unit deployments and PCS moves, all USINDOPACOM Service Members, DOD Civilians and Contractors, will submit a Travel Tracker (TT) entry found at https:(slash)(slash)iatp.pacom.mil (link requires DOD CAC). DoD Civilians and Contractors are not required to submit a TT/ Individual Anti-terrorism Plan (IATP) entry for unofficial travel. Service Members must submit a TT entry for all foreign travel.
5. Due to the potential for travel disruptions because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Commander, INDOPACOM, advises all travelers (including DOD civilians/contractors on leave and family members) to review the latest travel/health alerts and pertinent information for their destination at:
5.A. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https:(slash)(slash)www.cdc.gov (link).
5.B. World Health Organization (WHO): https:(slash)(slash)www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 (link).
5.C. Department of State (DOS): https:(slash)(slash)www.travel.state.gov (link).
5.D. INDOPACOM travel tracker/individual antiterrorism plan(TT/IATP) program: https:(slash)(slash)iatp.pacom.mil (link requires DOD CAC).
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. Release authorized by LtGen Edward D. Banta, Deputy Commandant, Installations and Logistics (I&L).//