R 312000Z AUG 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC DCI IC4 WASHINGTON DC I//
SUBJ/CHANGE 1 TO MARADMIN 534/18//
REF/A/MSGID: MEMO/DOD CIO/23JAN2013//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/C4/22SEP2018 //
NARR/REF A IS THE MEMORANDUM MANDATING THE USE OF DOD ENTERPRISE DIRECTORY SERVICES (EDS) TO OBTAIN ENTERPRISE EFFICIENCIES AND ENABLE SECURE INFORMATION SHARING. REF B IS MARADMIN 447/13, MARINE CORPS COMPLIANCE WITH ENTERPRISE DIRECTORY SERVICES (EDS) MEMORANDUM MESSAGE DISTRIBUTING THE INITIAL USMC POLICY GUIDANCE FOR REF A. REF C IS MARADMIN 534/18, MARINE CORPS COMPLIANCE WITH ENTERPRISE DIRECTORY SERVICES (EDS) MEMORANDUM MESSAGE DISTRIBUTING THE UPDATED USMC POLICY GUIDANCE.//
POC/MCEN BATTLE CAPTAIN/UNIT: MCCOG/TEL: 703-784-5300/EMAIL: MCENBATTLECAPTAIN@USMC.MIL//
POC/MICHAEL M. TSANG/CIV/UNIT: DCI IC4/TEL:703-693-3488/EMAIL: MICHAEL.TSANG@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message supersedes MARADMIN 534/18 (reference C) by announcing the new website to update personnel information in the Global Address List (GAL) directory.
2. The GAL information update feature formerly provided by milConnect has moved to ID Card Office Online.
3. Reference A, mandates DOD entities to populate and maintain contact and organizational data in the Defense Manpower Data Center's (DMDC) Person Data Repository (PDR). This will allow all of DOD the ability to access a common GAL.
4. Part of the Joint Information Environment (JIE) effort is to establish a common GAL. A key enabler for this is accurate organizational and contact data for people discovery across the DOD community which was previously released in reference C.
5. All Marine Corps uniformed Marines, Civilian Marines, and Contractors, will update and maintain their organizational and contact at a utilizing the ID Card Office Online website at https:(slash)(slash)idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco/effective immediately. All updates to GAL contact data for Marine Corps personnel will only be performed using the ID Card Office Online webpage. The Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) and local helpdesks will no longer accept trouble tickets to update contact information.
6. Marine Forces Cyberspace Command (MFCC), Marine Corps Cyberspace Operations Group (MCCOG) will execute the synchronization of all data from ID Card Office Online to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN) GAL. GAL data accuracy is dependent upon all Marine Corps personnel updating their information IAW this message.
7. Personnel can update their organizational and contact data in ID Card Office Online at: https:(slash)(slash)idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco/. Instructions are available online at: https:(slash)(slash)idco-pki.dmdc.osd.mil/idcomyprofile-info, by selecting the “Help” link.
8. Release authorized by Brigadier General J. A. Matos, Director, IC4, DCI.