R 021300Z SEP 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2021 GEICO MILITARY SERVICE AWARDS//
POC/D.A. WISNIESKI/CIV/SD/-/TEL: 703-604-4459/DSN: 664-4459/EMAIL: DALE.WISNIESKI@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The GEICO Military Service Awards program honors one Active Duty or Reserve component enlisted member from each military service and one member from the National Guard component for outstanding contributions to the civilian and/or military community in the following areas:
1.a. Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention
1.b. Fire Safety and Fire Prevention
1.c. Traffic Safety and Accident Prevention
2. The award winners will be recognized with a plaque to commemorate their accomplishment and a cash honorarium of 2,500 dollars from the GEICO Philanthropic Foundation.
3. Selections are based on noteworthy accomplishments or recent individual contributions in one of the above areas in career (on-duty) and non-career (off-duty) related activities. Any Active Duty or Reserve component enlisted member with at least one year obligated service from the date of nomination is eligible. Previous recipients of this award are ineligible.
4. Each nomination package should contain the following:
4.a. A completed GEICO Military Service Award Package form. This form can be downloaded on the GEICO Military Service Awards website: https:(slash)(slash)www.geico.com/information/military/returning-the-favor/service-awards/.
4.b. A cover letter from the nominee's command, endorsed by an O-6 level commander, providing a positive statement about the nominee and the name and telephone number of a unit point of contact.
4.c. One high resolution color photograph, head and shoulders view, in Marine Corps Service Alpha or Navy Service Dress uniform without cover.
4.d. (Marine nominations only) One copy of nominee’s basic training record and basic information record.
5. Submission instructions.
5.a. Marine nominations: Submit nominations to the Director, Safety Division via official endorsing chain of command to arrive not later than 15 October 2021. Incomplete and late packages will not be considered. Submit packages electronically or via United States Postal Service as follows:
5.a.1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
5.a.2. USPS: Commandant of the Marine Corps, Safety Division
Attn: Mr. Dale A. Wisnieski
701 S. Courthouse Rd
Arlington, VA 22204-2462
5.b. Sailor nominations: Nomination for Sailors attached to Marine Corps commands will be submitted to the Commander, Naval Safety Center (Code 20) via official endorsing chain of command. Packages are due 15 October 2021. Sailor nomination packages will consist of no more than three pages. Submit packages electronically; if unable, submit via United States Postal Service as follows:
5.b.1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
5.b.2. USPS: Commander, Naval Safety Center (Code20)
375 A Street
Norfolk, VA 23511-4399
5.c. Complete details may be found at the GEICO military service awards website listed in paragraph 4.a.
6. Final Marine Corps nominees are briefed to the Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps prior to submission to GEICO.
7. Release authorized by Major General Gregg P. Olson, Staff Director of the Marine Corps.//