R 072000Z SEP 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE VIRTUAL 2021 NATIONAL LATINA STYLE SYMPOSIUM//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. QUINONES/SGT/CMC (MPE)/-/ TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: ANTHONY.QUINONES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. LATINA Style, Inc., will virtually host the 18th Annual National LATINA Symposium (NLS) on 23 September 2021. Manpower and Reserve Affairs’ (M&RA) Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will sponsor all Marine Corps participants for this event.
2. The mission of LATINA Style is to empower, develop, and highlight Latina professional working women, entrepreneurs, and military service members throughout the country. They focus on all areas of endeavor including business, corporate America, science, education, civic and political affairs, and the military. LATINA Style is a bridge builder between the Hispanic community and other diverse populations and professional groups. National LATINA Style will also host a virtual awards ceremony honoring deserving Latina military service members. More information can be found on the National LATINA Style Symposium website at www.nls.latinastyle.com.
3. Commanders may authorize Permissive Temporary Additional Duty (PTAD) for Marines and Sailors attached to their unit to allow virtual participation in an environment without distractions. Commanders/Supervisors may also approve civilian Marine participation in an environment without distractions. Although this event is free for Marines, Sailors, and civilian Marines, coordination through MPE is required to participate.
4. Requests to participate in this event should be emailed to the group mailbox MPE_Outreach@usmc.mil via your Officer-in-Charge and include the following information: name, rank, unit, email, and duty station. Replies from MPE should be used in justifying PTAD requests.
5. The uniform of the day for the event is Service “C” for any attendee broadcasting images or video in the course of their participation.
6. LATINA Style is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by BGen A. T. Williamson, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//