R 141714Z SEP 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2021-2022 (FY21-FY22) RESERVE AFFAIRS MANAGEMENT (RAM) COMMAND VISIT VIRTUAL ROADSHOW//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1300.8/YMD: 20140918//
REF/B/DOC/RESERVE AFFAIRS (RA) ASSIGNMENT POLICY/20201217//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS THE MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REFERENCE (B) IS THE RA ASSIGNMENT POLICY.//
POC/C. E. TROKEN/MAJ/RAM-2 OFFICER IN CHARGE/TEL: 703-784-0530/EMAIL: CHRISTOPHER.TROKEN@USMC.MIL//
POC/R. D. FRYE/MAJ/ACTIVE RESERVE CAPTAIN AND MAJOR CSS AND CBT ARMS MONITOR/TEL: 703-784-0531/EMAIL: ROBERT.FRYE@USMC.MIL//
POC/M. J. PATAKI/CWO5/ACTIVE RESERVE WARRANT OFFICER MONITOR/TEL: 703-784-0511/EMAIL: MICHAEL.PATAKI@USMC.MIL//
POC/P. A. CAMPO/MGYSGT/SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS (SDA) MONITOR/TEL: 703-784-0514/EMAIL: PHILIP.CAMPO@USMC.MIL//
POC/J. T. WARD/MSGT/ACTIVE RESERVE 0111 MONITOR/TEL: 703-784-0529/EMAIL: JEFFERY.T.WARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/B. J. MILLER/MSGT/ACTIVE RESERVE 02XX-21XX MONITOR/TEL: 703-784-0526/EMAIL: BRIAN.J.MILLER@USMC.MIL//
POC/L. R. BERNABE/MSGT/ACTIVE RESERVE 30XX-57XX MONITOR/TEL: 703-784-0528/EMAIL: LUCIO.BERNABE@USMC.MIL//
POC/E. S. GULBRANSON/MSGT/ACTIVE RESERVE 60XX-70XX MONITOR/TEL: 703-784-0527/EMAIL: ERIC.GULBRANSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Situation. In preparation for the FY22 slating season, RAM will address individual and command concerns during the FY21-FY22 RAM Command Visit Virtual Roadshow.
2. Mission. From September 2021 to February 2022, RAM will virtually visit designated commands to conduct key leader engagements and monitor interviews in order to address manpower issues and assist Marines in making well-informed career decisions.
a. Intent. Provide commands with information pertaining to manpower management policies, assignments, opportunities to join the Active Reserve (AR) program, support talent management of Marines, and facilitate opportunities for Marines to discuss future assignments with their monitor.
b. Concept of Operations. RAM leadership, AR PMOS monitors, and the AR SDA monitor will coordinate with host command’s Site Coordinator to schedule key leader engagements and monitor interviews. Host commands may be asked to coordinate interviews for supported units listed below. Key leader engagements with host commands will be scheduled prior to or during the virtual visit. Marines are encouraged to view the FY22 RAM Roadshow brief digitally on the link provided below prior to speaking with their monitor. If Marines are not able to coordinate a time to speak with their monitor or their command is not listed, they are encouraged to email their monitor directly to coordinate an interview outside of these given dates.
c. Coordinating Instructions
(1) RAM Command Visit Roadshow Schedule (read in three columns):
Host Commands Supported Units Dates
Reserve Affairs HQMC/IMA Units 27 September
MAG-49 N/A 4-6 October
25th Marine Regiment N/A 7-8 October
VMGR-452 N/A 13-14 October
MAG-41 N/A 15-17 November
CLR-4 N/A 18-19 November
MARFORRES MSCs 6-8 December
CLR-45 N/A 9-10 December
DPC RSU-E East Coast FHG Units 11-13 January
DPC RSU-W West Coast FHG Units 18-20 January
23rd Marine Regiment N/A 24-25 January
6th ESB N/A 26-27 January
(2) Briefs. Briefs will be posted on the M&RA portal at: https:(slash)(slash)www.marinenet.usmc.mil/mvs/Channel/Home.aspx?Id=1131. Marines are encouraged to view briefs for information on assignments processes, career progression within the AR program, and manpower programs and policies. Key Leader Engagements will be coordinated SEPCOR with hosting commands.
(3) Individual Interviews. Individual interviews with monitors will be scheduled through the host command Site Coordinator. Interviews will primarily be conducted via Adobe Connect with phone and Microsoft Teams as a redundant form of communication. The Site Coordinator will be provided scheduling templates and guides for communication systems for all Marines with planned interviews. Hosting commands are requested to schedule interviews for noted supported units. Marines in supported units are encouraged to contact the hosting unit’s Site Coordinator to schedule interviews.
4. Administration and Logistics
a. Administration. Host commands listed in paragraph 3.C.1. must assign a Site Coordinator for each location. Site Coordinators will execute detailed planning via separate correspondence with the RAM Roadshow Coordinator (MSgt Bernabe, Lucio).
(1) Facilities. Host commands will provide adequate facilities and communication assets to support Key Leader Engagements and monitor interviews as needed.
5. Command and Signal
a. Hosting command Site Coordinators. Serve as the primary point of contact for RAM coordination. Upon release of this message, hosting command Site Coordinators shall contact the RAM Roadshow Coordinator (MSgt Bernabe) in order to facilitate virtual visit planning.
b. Network Access. Network access requirements will be coordinated separately with each hosting command’s Site Coordinator.
6. Release authorized by Major General H. G. Pratt, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//