R 161851Z SEP 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/1STLT PROMOTIONS FOR OCTOBER 2021//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-1/YMD: 20060809//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/SECNAV/YMD: 20190328//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMSR/YMD: 20190215//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/SECNAV/YMD: 20181010//
REF/F/MSGID: DOC/SECNAV/YMD: 20190415//
REF/G/MSGID: DOC/SECNAV/YMD: a20190627//
NARR/REF A IS TITLE 10, U.S.C. REF B IS MCO P1400.31C, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 1, OFFICER PROMOTIONS. REF C IS SECNAVINST 1420.3, DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY COMMISSIONED OFFICER PROMOTION PROGRAM. REF D IS MCO 1900.16 CH 2, MARINE CORPS SEPARATION AND RETIREMENT MANUAL. REF E IS SECNAVINST 1120.9B, DESIGNATION OF OFFICERS OF THE REGULAR MARINE CORPS AND MARINE CORPS RESERVE AS MARINE CORPS JUDGE ADVOCATE. REF F IS SECNAVINST 1412.6M, PROMOTION OF OFFICERS TO THE GRADE OF LIEUTENANT (JUNIOR GRADE) IN THE NAVY AND TO THE GRADE OF FIRST LIEUTENANT IN THE MARINE CORPS. REF G IS SECNAVINST 1412.11B, MARINE CORPS LIMITED DUTY OFFICER AND WARRANT OFFICER PROGRAMS, PROMOTIONS, AND CONTINUATION PROCEDURES. REF H IS MARADMIN 277/01, BACCALAUREATE DEGREE REQUIREMENT FOR RESERVE OFFICERS.//
POC/K. E. HANNA/MAJ/UNIT: HD MMPR-1/-/TEL: (703) 784-9703/EMAIL: KRISTIN.E.HANNA@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Authority. Refs (a) through (h) regulate all Marine Corps officer promotions. This message is the authority for commanding officers to effect promotions. Per the refs, an officer's promotion may not be effected until that officer's name appears on a promotion MARADMIN or CMC message. Appropriate commissions will be mailed to parent commands under separate cover. Expect 2-3 weeks for delivery. The commission is not the legal authority to promote and is not required to effect the promotion. For the purposes of conducting a promotion ceremony, sample commissions and the oath of office can be found in chapter 6 of ref (b) or the Officer Promotion Branch's homepage at www.Marines.mil. Under "Marines/Career," click on "Promotions." Click on "Officer Promotions," look under the "Reference" tab on the right side of the page.
2. Under the provisions of ref (f), the Secretary of the Navy, acting for the President of the United States, hereby authorizes the promotion of the following named officers on active duty, as indicated, to the permanent grade of first lieutenant. Rank, pay, and allowances are effective from the date indicated.
Name DOR MCC
Chelsey M. Pauley 02Oct21 1QN
Corrina L. DiPirro 05Oct21 K71
Braden J. Barnett 06Oct21 V16
Tyler C. Gunn 13Oct21 V12
Michael D. Buckley 19Oct21 K71
Christopher J. Meeks 25Oct21 122
Sheila C. Domke 31Oct21 01A
Katie C. Hass 31Oct21 15E
3. Delay of Promotion. Per refs (b) and (h), if the respective commanding officer determines that an officer is not mentally, physically, morally, or professionally qualified for promotion, the promotion shall not be effected. This includes the physical examination requirement for reserve officers per section 10206 of ref (a). The officer shall be given written notice of the grounds for delay before the effective date of the appointment, unless it is impracticable to do so, in which case the notice shall be given as soon as practicable. CMC (MMPR-1) must also be notified prior to the effective date of the appointment so that the promotion will not be effected in Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) and administrative action can be initiated. Refs (a), (b), (c), and (e) contain guidelines for the timely submission of supporting documentation.
4. Retirement and Transfer. Officers considering voluntary retirement should review ref (d) for service obligation prior to acceptance of promotion. An officer's selection for promotion carries over into the reserve, between AR and SMCR-IRR, and with augmentation into the regular component.
5. Accepting and Declining Promotion. Any regular or reserve officer who is promoted under the refs is considered to have accepted such promotion on the effective date contained in paragraph 2 (for purposes of date of rank, pay, and allowances in the grade to which promoted). To decline a promotion, an officer is required to submit a letter of declination to CMC (MMPR-1) expressly at the time their command notifies them of their promotion and directs that they begin wearing the insignia of the next higher grade. Any statement or action by the officer which signals their acceptance of the promotion, forever waives their right to decline.
6. For Marine officer promotion matters call Comm (703) 784-9706 or DSN 278-9706. Email inquiries may be submitted via the Promotion Branch's internet web page at www.Marines.mil. Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Release authorized by BGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//