R 221909Z SEP 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG EDCOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF PHASE II OF THE US NAVAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE PILOT PROGRAM//
NARR/REF A IS ALNAV 009/20, SECNAV VECTOR 7.//
POC/US NAVAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE/UNIT: ADMISSIONS/TEL: (703) 784-4018// POC/A. GARRETT/CIV/UNIT: /TEL: (703) 784-4018//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Reference (a) directed the formation of the first cohort of Navy and Marine Corps students for enrollemnt in the United States Naval Community College (USNCC) Pilot program. This Marine Administrative Message (MARADMIN) announces the second phase of the USNCC Pilot program, which offers enlisted Sailors and Marines the opportunity to participate in world-class, naval relevant education programs. There is no tuition, mandatory course fees, or course material costs incurred by parent commands or participating students. The open application window for Fiscal Year (FY) 22 degree programs begins on 1 October 2021. Future application windows will be promulgated on the USNCC website at https:(slant)(slant)www.usncc.edu and on the USNCC social media sites.
2. Background. For Pilot II, the USNCC will offer seven professional concentration areas and the USNCC Naval Studies Certificate starting in FY 22. The intent of this pilot is to evaluate academic programs, learning delivery systems, and student performance through the opportunity to complete online college courses.
2.a. The seven professional concentration areas are:
(1) Military Studies
(2) Cyber Security and Network Administration
(3) Nuclear Engineering Technology
(4) Data Analytics
(5) Organizational Leadership
(6) Maritime Logistics
(7) Aviation Maintenance Technology
2.b. The USNCC Naval Studies Certificate is comprised of five USNCC delivered courses and will be incorporated into all USNCC degree programs:
(1) Leadership and Ethics
(2) Modern Naval History
(3) Naval Force Design and Concepts
(4) Military-Civil Organization
(5) Introduction to the Geopolitical Environment
2.c. Classes will be taught online in 8 to 15 week course format, depending on the schedule of the participating colleges and complexity of the course material.
3.a. USNCC will accept program applications from all enlisted Sailors and Marines subject to the following eligibility preferences:
(1) Members of the sea services (Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard) in the paygrades of E-1 to E9 may apply, with prioritization of acceptance for first-term service members. All applicants must be on active duty and available to take online college courses.
(2) Applicants must not have previously earned an associate or higher degree, with the exception of those students who are interested solely in earning the rigorous USNCC Naval Studies Certificate.
3.b. Qualified individuals will need their Commanding Officer’s (or designated command representative) endorsement.
4. Application Process: More information is available and applications must be submitted at the USNCC website at: https:(slant)(slant)www.usncc.edu/. The initial application submission period will remain open until 31 October 2021.
5. Selection Notifications: USNCC will make enrollment selections and accepted applicants will be advised of their selection status via email in November 2021, with courses to begin in January 2022.
6. Point of contact is Mr. Alphonso Garrett, USNCC Director of Enrollment, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Request widest dissemination of the above information. Regional and installation Education Specialists are requested to pass this information to all interested personnel at home stations.
8. This message will remain in effect until 30 September 2023 or until superseded.
9. This MARADMIN has been coordinated with the USNCC and approved for release by Brigadier Walker M. Field, Commanding General, Education Command.//