R 231709Z SEP 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2022 BILLET VACANCIES FOR RESERVE COMPONENT SERGEANTS MAJOR SLATE//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1001R.1L/YMD: 20180315//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/RAP/YMD: 20210512//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS MCO 1001R.1L CH 1, MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REFERENCE (B) IS THE SELECTED RESERVE BILLET IDENTIFICATION CODE (BIC) ASSIGNMENT AND MANAGEMENT POLICY.//
POC/R. A. ESPARZA/SGTMAJ/CMC MRA/RA/TEL/COMM 703-784-9100/DSN 278-9100/EMAIL: RUBEN.ESPARZA@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The following listed billets are to be read in three columns:
Command Location No Later Than Date
HQTRS CO, 25th MAR REGT FT DEVENS, MA July 2022
1st CIV AFF GROUP CAMP PENDLETON, CA April 2022
4th CIV AFF GROUP HIALEAH, FL July 2022
HQTRS, MACG-48 GREAT LAKES, IL July 2022
MATSG-42 TRNG COM PENSACOLA NAS, FL July 2022
HQTRS, MAG-49 McGUIRE AFB, NJ July 2022 Sergeants Major (SgtsMaj) must meet the following criteria:
a. All SgtsMaj selected on the Fiscal Year 2019 (FY19) promotion board or earlier are expected to submit for the O6 level slate.
b. Must have at least 24 months of available service to obligate upon the assignment date in order to serve in the billet before a mandatory retirement date and not exceed the Enlisted Career Force Controls (ECFC) per present policy.
c. Must meet Height and Weight (HT/WT) standards and have passed a recent Physical Fitness Test and Combat Fitness Test (PFT/CFT).
d. Must be worldwide deployable.
2. Submission package will include: NAVMC 10274 (AA Form) addressed to the Director of Reserve Affairs (RA) (Attn: SgtMaj), current height/weight verification, professional resume, professional biography, Master Brief Sheet, last three Fitness Reports. Package must be endorsed in Standard Naval Letter Format via the immediate chain of command, to include the first O6 in the chain of command. No Commanding General endorsement is required for this slate.
3. All correspondence as listed in paragraph 2 must arrive at Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) RA NLT 13 October 2021. Applicants must sign, scan, and email the entire package to: Reserve_Affairs_SGTMAJ@usmc.mil.
4. The SgtsMaj selected for the listed billets must be prepared to accept orders NLT the above listed date of assignment. Upon selection, the selectee will make immediate liaison with the newly slated unit to establish a formal check in date and conduct a proper turnover. The tour of duty for assignment to the O6 level command SgtMaj billets are for a minimum of two years and a maximum of three years. If moving from one Major Subordinate Command (MSC) to another as a result of the slate, both MSC SgtsMaj must be informed as to when the turnover will take place. An Inter-Unit Transfer (IUT) will be submitted via Requirements, Transition, and Manpower Management System (RTAMMS) to HQMC RA.
5. Packages will be briefed by their MSC SgtsMaj. Selections will be announced via a MARADMIN following completion of the slate. Questions concerning the slating process should be communicated directly to the RA SgtMaj at (703) 784-9100.
6. Release authorized by Major General H. G. Pratt, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//