R 051759 OCT 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2022 (FY22) ACQUISITION PRIMARY MOS (8059 AND 8061) SELECTION BOARD SOLICITATION//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/120729ZAUG2004//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/U.S.C CHAPTER 87/-/110590//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC MM/23MAR2017//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/CMC MM/18SEPT2014//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 348/04, ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEW ACQUISITION OFFICER PRIMARY MOS: REF B IS TITLE 10, U.S.C., CHAPTER 87: REF C IS MCO 1300.64B COMMAND SCREENING PROGRAM: REF D IS MARADMIN 306/12, MOD TO MARADMIN 293/12 FY12 AVIATION ACQUISITION PRIMARY MOS RECLASSIFICATION (8059/8061) BOARD: REF E IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY.//
POC/D.P FOLEY/MAJ/MMOA-3/USMC/TEL: (703)784-9285/EMAIL: SMBMMOAGRADEDU@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. In accordance with reference (a), the purpose of this MARADMIN is to solicit applicants for lateral move consideration on the FY22 Acquisition Primary MOS (8059/8061) Selection Board. The objective of the Acquisition Primary MOS selection process is to develop a population of Marine Corps acquisition officers who meet statutory requirements and are highly competitive for program management positions of major defense acquisition programs, serving as either Aviation (8059) Or Ground (8061) Acquisition Officers. The following applies:
1.a. The FY22 Acquisition Primary MOS (8059/8061) selection board will convene on or about 16 November 2021 at MCB Quantico, VA. Applications are due no later than close of business 2 November 2021.
1.b. Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC), as the executive agent for acquisition training and education, will verify all acquisition certifications, workforce experience, and academic qualifications prior to the selection board. All applicants must initiate an acquisition records audit with the USMC Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Program Manager or Specialist NLT 15 Oct 2021. The DAWIA Program Manager is Mr. Ricky Taylor, DSN 378-4080, comm 703-432-4080 or e-mail email@example.com. The Workforce Specialist is Ms. Angela Rowan, DSN 378-5815, comm 703-432-5815 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Eligibility requirements for lateral move to PMOS 8059/8061 are:
2.a. Unrestricted officers, rank of major and lieutenant colonel or lieutenant colonel selects who have less than 24 years of active commissioned service as of 1 June 2022, and who are not currently slated for command as a result of the FY22 Command Screening Board.
2.b. Officers in joint billets are eligible if they have completed 24 months in their current assignment by 30 October 2022.
2.c. Officers who have not completed their Commandants Career Level Education Board (CCLEB) and Commandants Professional Intermediate Board (CPIB) utilization tour by 30 October 2022 are not eligible.
2.d. Applicants for 8059 must be designated Unrestricted Officers currently holding a primary MOS from OccFlds 60,66,72,73,and 75.
2.e. Be certified DAWAI Level II in primary acquisition career field as of 1 December 2021. Primary acquisition career fields of business financial management or business cost estimating require DAWIA Level I certification by 1 December 2021.
2.f. Have 36 months acquisition experience by 31 December 2022. No education experience credit or command equivalent credit will be given towards the 36 month acquisition experience requirement.
2.g. Officers applying for the 8059 and/or 8061 MOS not meeting the specified prerequisites will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
3. Applications will use standard naval correspondence format, with enclosures and endorsements. The following information is required:
3.a. Standard naval letter cover page.
3.b. Career and training summary for 8059/8061 PMOS application (provided by MCSC directly to board).
3.c. Release of information form.
3.d. Letters of recommendation may be included as enclosures.
3.e. Included in application should be acknowledgement from Primary MOS monitor of their intent to apply for lateral move consideration to the email address in para 7.
3.f. Packages must be endorsed by the applicant's chain of command through the first O-6 as appropriate and indicate which career field they would like to be considered for as primary.
3.g. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their applications arrive at CMC (MMOA-3) NLT 2 November 2021. Follow the application submission format in para 7.
3.h. An application template can be found by logging on to MMOA-3 boards webpage: https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/acquisitions.
4. Application to the FY22 Acquisition PMOS 8059/8061 board and selection by the board will constitute PCS or PCA orders to an 8059 or 8061 billet. Therefore, officers need to ensure application is a true and valid desire. Officers selected for PMOS 8059 or 8061 incur a 4 year service obligation from the date of acceptance of 8059/8061.
5. Officers under aviation bonus contract obligation are eligible for PMOS 8059 and will continue to receive their future bonus payments under the 8059 PMOS.
6. Additional correspondence deemed necessary by the applicant, subsequent to the acquisition record audit with MCSC, may be addressed to the president of the board and delivered to the address in para 7.
7. Submission documents must be sent via email and named as such: Edpi_acq_last name. Do not submit more than 5 documents each document must not exceed 8000 kb (8mb). If possible, combine all documents into a single adobe pdf prior to submission. Forward all submissions to MMOA-3 email address at email@example.com.
8. This Maradmin is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
9. Specific questions relating to the Marine Acquisition Officer Occupational Field Specialty can be addressed to the Co-Occupational Field Managers:
Major J. E. Taylor (Aviation)
Comm (301)342-1515 Or Dsn: 342-1421
Ms. R. E. Cisneros (Ground)
10. Release authorized By BGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director Manpower Management Division.//