R 051811Z OCT 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2021 VIRTUAL WOMEN OF COLOR SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, AND MATH CONFERENCE//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. QUINONES/SGT/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: ANTHONY.QUINONES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The 2021 virtual Women of Color (WOC) Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Conference will be held from 7 – 9 October 2021. Manpower and Reserve Affairs’ (M&RA) Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will sponsor 20 conference registration fees for this event.
2. Career Communications Group, Inc. (CCG) hosts the three-day multicultural event for women in STEM. The conference encourages all women to improve their education and careers in STEM fields. Participants learn from the top minds in the industry and collaborate with their peers. This conference creates an informal, trusted community that provides support specifically to women in STEM careers. For additional information, you may access the Women of Color STEM website at www.wocinc.org.
3. Commanders may authorize Permissive Temporary Additional Duty for Marines and Sailors attached to their unit to allow virtual participation in an environment without distractions. Commanders/Supervisors may also approve civilian Marine participation in an environment without distractions. All Marine Corps registration fees must be coordinated through MPE.
4. Requests to participate in this event should be emailed to the group mailbox MPE_Outreach@usmc.mil via your Officer-in-Charge and include the following information: name, rank, unit, email, and duty station. Replies from MPE should be used in justifying PTAD requests. Submit requests to participate no later than 6 October 2021.
5. CCG is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. Release authorized by BGen A. T. Williamson, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//