R 121807Z OCT 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/FY22 TEMPORARY EARLY RETIREMENT AUTHORITY (TERA) PROGRAM IN SUPPORT OF FORCE DESIGN PHASE ONE//
NARR/REFERENCE (REF) A IS MARADMIN 302/20 MANPOWER FORCE SHAPING IN SUPPORT OF FORCE DESIGN PHASE ONE. REF B IS MARADMIN 135/19 MARINE CORPS TEMPORARY EARLY RETIREMENT AUTHORITY (TERA) PROGRAM. REF C IS MCO 1900.16 CH2 SEPARATION AND RETIREMENT MANUAL. REF D IS MCO 1040.31 ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REF E IS SECNAV INSTRUCTION 1920.6D ADMINSTRATIVE SEPARATION OF OFFICERS. REF F IS MARADMIN 205/21 UPDATE 1 TO INVOLUNTARY MOS RECLASSIFICATIONS AND DIRECTED LATERAL MOVES IN SUPPORT OF FORCE DESIGN PHASE ONE. REF G IS MARADMIN 169/21 PUBLICATION OF FISCAL YEARS 2021 THROUGH 2041 TABLES OF ORGANIZATION AND EQUIPMENT. REF H IS MCO P1400.32D CH2 MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS. REF I IS SECNAV INSTRUCTION 1420.3 DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY COMMISSIONED OFFICER PROMOTION PROGRAM.//
POC/A. D. BICKNELL/CAPT/DC MRA/MP/MPP-30/TEL: 703-784-9365//
POC/R. A. JOHNSON/CAPT/DC MRA/MP/MPP-20/TEL: 703-432-9362//
POC/MRS. P.M. SANGSTER/DC MRA/MM/MMSR-2/TEL: 703-784-9324//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. As outlined in Ref (a), Manpower and Reserve Affairs (MRA) is accepting Temporary Early Retirement Authority (TERA) requests in FY22 for specific Military Occupational Specialties (PMOS) as part of the force shaping authorities and tools used to conduct its active duty end strength reduction in accordance with Force Design Phase One requirements.
2. This MARADMIN supplements (does not replace) the existing TERA program outlined in Ref (b). Marines in any MOS meeting the criteria set forth in Ref (b) may still submit a TERA request to MRA for approval consideration. This MARADMIN outlines the procedures for Marines submitting TERA requests as a result of Force Design MOS reductions only.
3. This MARADMIN is only applicable to Marines in the following MOSs:
3.A. Enlisted. 1812 Armor Marine, 1869 Senior Armor SNCO, and 2146 Main Battle Tank (MBT) Repairer/Technician.
3.B. Officers. 1802 Tank Officer and 5803 Military Police Officer.
3.C. MRA will publish guidance if subsequent phases of Force Design require the use of TERA for Marines in additional MOSs as part of Force Design requirements.
4. Justification for TERA submission. Marines in MOSs identified in paragraphs 3.A and 3.B may request TERA due to force shaping needs in accordance with Force Design Phase One requirements.
5. Eligibility. In addition to meeting the criteria in paragraph 3, Marines must meet all of the below criteria:
5.A. Must be in the Active Component serving on active duty.
5.B. Must have more than 15 and less than 20 years of active service at the requested date of retirement.
5.C. Must be serving in the pay grades of E6-E8 or O3-O5.
5.D. Must not be stabilized for deployment at the time of their requested date of retirement.
5.E. Must not be pending legal action, legal proceedings, administrative separation, or disability evaluation.
5.F. Must meet all other regular retirement eligibility criteria under Ref (c).
5.G. Complete all other service obligations (e.g., time on station, time in grade, continuation pay, education pay-back). Waivers of existing service obligations will be considered on a case-by-case basis, factoring in force shaping requirements and the needs of the Marine Corps.
5.H. Enlisted Marines must meet all reenlistment prerequisites per Ref (d) and must not have been denied further service by CMC (MMEA) due to adversity on their current contract.
5.I. Refer to Ref (c) and Ref (e) (officers only) for administrative separation policies and procedures.
6. Coordinating Instructions.
6.A. For Marines in MOSs identified in paragraphs 3.A and 3.B applying for TERA as a result of Force Design MOS reductions, packages are due to MRA no later than 31 March 2022.
6.B. Submit AA forms via the chain of command to MMSR-2 (Enlisted: SMB.Manpower.MMSR2E@usmc.mil / Officer: SMB.Manpower.MMSR2O@usmc.mil) per Ref (b) and Ref (c).
6.C. Approval of all TERA requests resulting from the release of this MARADMIN is contingent upon the applicant’s assigned unit and/or billet deactivation date per Ref (g).
6.D. Any enlisted Marine who submits a TERA package is not eligible for promotion consideration per Ref (h).
6.E. Marine officers will not be considered for promotion if they have an established separation date that is within 90 calendar days after the convening date of the promotion board per Ref (i).
6.F. Ref (b) outlines details on retired pay computation and education benefits.
7. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
8. Refer to MRA’s website (www.manpower.usmc.mil) for additional Manpower Plans and Policy (MP) and Manpower Management (MM) points of contact.
9. This MARADMIN cancels on 30 September 2022.
10. Release authorized by LtGen D. A. Ottignon, Deputy Commandant, Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//